3,784 results
All reviews crepe bar crepes overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon french polynesia plunge pool sharks swim paddle boats lilikoi breakfast buffet rum drinks arii vahine panoramic view main restaurant lower deck atv tour
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Totally recommend this hotel to anyone! The location is great. The rooms are reasonably priced, free mini bar. I just can’t rave about the staff and willing to help. If your going to Moorea you have to consider this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We stayed out in a over water bungalow... very cool
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
RoseRICHMOND, Resort Manager at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Ia Orana paulfcurtis!

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review on TripAdvisor, we were pleased to welcome you in our resort !

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Moorea!

Thank you for your kind comments on our wonderful staff!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved this place, can’t say enough good things about it. As soon as we arrived they were so welcoming and accommodating. Originally we had a garden room booked, but upon arrival asked to upgrade to an over the water bungalow (I highly recommend doing this) they had two available which we decided on #78 it was amazing!!!! We did everything from snorkeling, paddle boarding, the crepe restaurant we went to twice, breakfast buffet was great with lots of options. We took advantage of the pick up and drop off service with lots of the restaurants which was handy. Room was clean and tidy, had an Canadian plug which was good for us, filled the fridge everyday with water, beer and soft drinks. We took advantage of happy hr which was better priced for drinks. We would return again for sure.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RileyTravel

Ia Orana RileyTravel!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, we were pleased to welcome you in one of our Overwater Bungalows!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays in paradise.
Thank you for your comments on your room, our Overwater Crêpes Bar and our breakfast buffet.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa !

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I loved it here very much, the private pools are a great touch. Unfortunately it was pouring rain the whole time so there wasn’t much to do. I am glad that we did the snorkeling tour and got to play with the sting rays and we also enjoyed the atv tour. The spa and Massage was really good, we even bought the Massage oil because it smelled so darn good.

1  Thank christinelee1
RoseRICHMOND, Resort Manager at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Ia Orana christinelee1!

Thank you for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor, we were pleased to welcome you in one of our Garden Bungalows with private pool!

We are sorry that rain came to disturb the beautiful peace of Moorea.

But, we are delighted to see that you got the chance to enjoy the different activities and try one of our famous massages!

We would be happy to welcome you back at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We arrived in Moorea after a week in Bora Bora. Firstly Moorea is lovely, but it’s a bit of a step backwards from Bora Bora.
On arrival and the Hilton it was clearly very busy and it took the staff a fairly long time to greet us and check us in. When we got to our room we realised it was right next to the particularly noisy main road and there was basically no room for our baby’s crib in the room. I brought this up with the staff but there was nothing that could be done as the resort was full. After a few hours in the room we started to notice a few issues here and there. Firstly, bugs. There were ants all through the room, all over the kitchenette and minibar. The curtain runners were broken so the curtains did not fully close. A leaking shower resulted in my daughter slipping over and hurting herself. I brought this up later in the afternoon of our arrival and the staff seemed uninterested. When I stated if this couldn’t be sorted we would likely shorten our stay the staff said "ok, when would you like to check out?". There was no interest in trying to sort any of the issues. Lastly, the crib the hotel supplied for our daughter is a disgrace! It should have been in the rubbish. It was broken in multiple places; the mattress was torn and covered in plastic. I felt guilty putting my daughter in it. On a whole, I think the hotel is due to a serious bit of updating and maintenance. I think they were over booked and the staff overwhelmed resulting in poor attention to details and poor service. For $1000 per night, I expect more. We ended up shortening our stay to three nights and we returned to the Conrad Bora Bora Nui where we enjoyed the last 5 nights of our holiday. Also, the Hilton tried to charge me an extra night’s accommodation for cancelling our stay. At that point I had reached boiling point and made it very clear there was no way I was paying that. In the end, they waived the fee. There were no apologies for the shortcomings and no attempt to fix the problems. It’s pretty unlikely that we would return. As for food, we found it to be “so,so”. To put the whole thing in perspective, travelling from New Zealand we can stay in Fiji or Samoa for half the cost and get an amazing experience. This is the first negative review I’ve ever written and I hope it’ll be the last. My advice to someone looking for a great holiday in the Pacific is check out Fiji, Samoa or Rarotonga if you’re on a bit of a budget. If you’re going extravagant, check out Bora Bora. I recommend the Conrad Bora Bora Nui, you won’t be disappointed either way.

Room Tip: Before you book make sure your room is not next to the main road! It is very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 941yuriv

Ia Orana 941yuriv!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, it is essential to us as we are always willing to improve our quality of service.

We want to offer you our sincerest apologies for your disappointment at our resort.
We fully empathize with all the inconvenience you encountered and we want you to know that they have been discussed with every team concerned.

Not meeting your expectations is not part of our standards and we are sorry that you felt that way.

Please accept our deepest apologies.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Moorea is a beautiful island and the Hilton is nestled in a great location. We stayed in an overwater bungalow and I’m so glad we did. Nothing like waking up in the morning and jumping off your back deck into the water for a swim.

The property is definitely in need of some updating as it’s a bit dated and worn. And if you’re looking for good food, find restaurants off-site on the island as the food, and cocktails, were disappointing. And at hefty resort prices, the food should be significantly better.

Besides the beautiful setting, the staff made our stay wonderful. Everyone was very attentive, approachable and friendly.

2  Thank Dexter F

Ia Orana Dexter F!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, we were pleased to welcome you in one of our Overwater Bungalows!

We have well noted all of your remarks in order to improve and we are sorry that our restaurants and bars did not meet your expectations.

We would like to thank you for recognizing our staff!

We hope that one day we can welcome you back at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to show you our improvements!