“A+!”

Costa Bella Apartments
Costa Bella Apartments
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here twice during our travels along the east coast - once on our way up and again on our way back down because we liked it so much. It is wonderful value at $52/night for a double room in a house with a large kitchen/living area with big flatscreen tv. Our room was a good size and bed pretty comfortable. We were staying at low season so most of the time we had the entire place to ourselves. Good kitchen and laundry facilities. On our initial visit, we had intended to stay 2 nights but extended it to 5. The accommodation is literally across the road from the beach and in a nice quiet area. About a 15 minute walk along the beach to get to bars and restaurants and a short drive to Noosa national park (you can also get the bus if you don't have a car). The owners were lovely and one of them helped me out when my boyfriend became ill by giving me the number of a local doctor. So thankful to them both for a lovely stay. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lilo3282

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The location at first worried me but once you meet the owner who provides an information sheet its all clear how much there is around Hostel etc. The beach and the cute little town near by is sweet with some good value restaurants ( $5 MENU).

The apartments are a little outdated yet all part of the charm. The only negative is the reluctant owners on providing lifts into town / bus stop.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

We were in an appartement and there were bugs everywhere...in the kitchen ants where all over the sink... Very not cool at all. Also the appartement smell really bad!!! What's nice it's that the beach is beautiful and near but there is nothing else near you need to have a car...we stayed 2 nights and it's was enough!!!!!!! Never want to come back there and there is better hostel in Noosa for the same price!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Je109
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Easily my favourite place to stay in Noosa,

VALUE- fully self contained and serviced apartment, if travelling alone or as a couple you can get your own room, sharing the entire spacious apartment with only a few others. Families or groups can book the lot and have a great holiday right on the beach.. for cheap! wow ive spent almost 5 years in noosa and you honestly can not beat the value for money and hospitality of brothers Bruce and Peter at Melaluka Apartments.

LOCATION- 100m to the beautiful sunrise beach, council lifeguard patrolled, short walk to noosa heads national park, public buses every half hour, local cafe and general store
SLEEP QUALITY- Comfortable beds in a quite suburban area
ROOMS- Bedrooms have bedside tables, most with lamps and mirrors and large curtained windows. Furnished living areas with TV, couches, dining table, well equipped kitchen and laundry
CLEANLINESS- Very well maintained and reguarlary cleaned throughout

SERVICE- Excellent

SECURITY- If you lock yourself out you cannot get back in!! haha i have tried, and peter was very helpful in that instance as always.
Overall the managers do an excellent job and are always friendly for a chat or to share their combined knowledge of the local area.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This place is close to a very gorgeous beach but that is the only highlight of our stay. The rooms was very outdated but the bathroom was clean. The place doesn't have much of an atmosphere either. We wanted to get away from the party places for a while but this was a bit too far out - The only shop nearby closed at 3pm so for food and drinks we had to go into sunshine beach which was a 15 minute walk- most of that being along a highway. Also, there is no reception area so if you need assistance you have to find one of the brothers and that means going to their house which made us feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Peter W, Manager at Costa Bella Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Actually, our rooms are not outdated, all furniture is modern and the tiles etc of the apartment are RETRO, and RETRO is IN.
As for atmosphere, we provide private rooms at $25 each, 100 meters from the best beach in the world in very spacious and fully self contained apartments with up to only 5 people in an apartment, no dorms, so very quiet. If you want atmoshere further than what this provides, then that falls on your character.
Our local shop does close at 4pm, but if you walked up the beach to the shops, like I showed you on the map I gave you at checkin, it would have only taken a beautiful10 minutes, and a 10 minute walk, I have found in my past trips, is nothing when you are travelling around the world. Also, as to being "too far out.." it's easy to see how far we are from town because I have written it in our listings, and everyone knows how to use google maps? We are 100 meters from the beach, I reckon you can't beat that.
We DO have reception, our office is in my apartment 2 doors up from yours, I'm sorry that you found this uncomfortable, but I have found most people don't, such as climbing over my gate at 10pm to knock on my door? Also we service the apartments daily, so mostly see everyone when doing this to answer any questions:)