All reviews long life furniture and fittings fluffy towels fresh milk great hosts cooked to perfection sea front breakfast was delicious home from home two nights on arrival jane chapman shortbread luxury facilities seaside
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Faultless attention to detail and visitor comfort. Lovely stylish room and bathroom. Dreamy bed, billowy quilt and crisp bed linen for a wonderful night's sleep. Excellent breakfast. Great hosts. We couldn't have asked for more.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Fussyvegetarian
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

As clean and comfy as being at home.
It was a quick visit down south for us, husband scoured trip advisor. What a gem of a place. At the last minute we requested to bring our one night stay forward 1 day - Jane was as helpful as she could be with tips re booking.com and the alteration to dates. We also asked if we could invite our son and daughter in law to join us for breakfast, a convenient time to feed 4 was arranged, again no problem at all. We arrived a little earlier than arranged, again no problem, greeted by Tony who was so welcoming. The house frontage looks very neat and tidy with parking spaces off the road. As the door was opened it immediately smelt clean and I wanted to go in. Tony carried our bag for us and showed us to a lovely crisp room with ample furniture. The furnishings and linen, towels etc are fresh and clean. The very well appointed en suite with plenty of surfaces, space and a double shower also has a heated floor, so much appreciated on this chilly eve. And then there's the little extras, not just the well stocked tea tray with shortbread, but the extra blanket, a hairdryer, shampoo & shower gel, even cotton buds & cotton wool pads, and decent hangers! I feel I should explain my OCD regards cleanliness, we have stayed at many other hotels ranging from 3-5 star, London, Harrogate, Manchester, Bath and many others, this is without doubt the nicest!! We have put up with fusty wardrobes & bed linen, grimy baths & showers, dusty curtains, dirty porcelain and carpets I would throw out. So, I'll just say it again, this place is lovely, when we next stop over in Weston we won't bother wasting time looking elsewhere, this is the home from home we shall come to. I fully expect breakfast to be just as marvellous as the standard of the establishment and it's proprietors. The cost with breakfast is well worth it.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

As we had tickets for the Playhouse Theatre, we decided to stay over and checked out the internet for a suitable B&B. I prefer to book over the phone as I think you get a feel for a place by speaking direct - and I wasn't wrong. When I telephoned, Tony was so helpful and, when we arrived he and Jane were the same. They couldn't do enough for us, offering to drive us to the restaurant where we were eating and offering fresh milk for our tea instead of the horrid long life cartons usually available - in fact Jane offered to make us a pot herself! The whole place is immaculate with top quality furniture and fittings and, as for the breakfast - the best scrambled eggs I have tasted! Although we only live 40 minutes away in Taunton, next time there is a show we want to see at the Playhouse, we will check with Jane and Tony before we book our tickets to make sure that they can put us up for the night!

Room tip: There are only two rooms, both at the front of the property but I am sure the other room is a delightful as the one in which we stayed.
Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stayed when visiting my Mother on my birthday. Lovely bed and linen, the best shower I have used, very clean, well thought out bedrooms with a large view over the park, quiet, friendly, and delightful breakfast. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Stayed for one night as a stop over on way to Cornwall. What an amazing place. The whole house was beautifully refurbished and furnished. Tony and Jane are great hosts and make you feel at home straight away. Good selection for breakfast from fruit to a first class cooked feast. Would definitely stay again and highly recommendable.

Date of stay: July 2017