Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
AU$183
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
All reviews royal deeside eggs benedict our room was spacious lovely hotel breakfast was delicious meal portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2023 via mobile

Beautiful setting in the country and a great refurb been carried out. Food was delicious and great drinks menu too. the staff catered well to all our need. Had a lovely meal with great service. Catered very well for all ages. Will certainly be back.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2023

We stayed in the hotel on the 27th October weekend . It was the reopening night and it was wonderful. Everyone made us feel welcome and was in such high spirits. From the moment we walked into the hotel we was immediately made to feel welcome, we checked in and was shown up to our beautiful room. (Room 8) The room was huge, and the quality of the pillows and blankets/bedding made the huge bed even more inviting! If there’s one thing I like when I’m away it’s a comfy luxurious bed and this didn’t disappoint! We had bed and breakfast and the breakfast was beautiful. I’m a bit of a coffee snob and was hoping the coffee was going to be nice, ✔️ tick! Happy already as I’d got my caffeine fix it was time to eat & i’m not afraid to say that I like a good quality banger on my breakfast and again I wasn’t disappointed. The breakfast menu was impressive and the staff serving us were really attentive and on the ball. The hotel was beautiful, I never saw it before but from speaking to other people I’m told the new owners have revamped it and what they’ve done has certainly impressed! They’ve incorporated old with new and kept in keeping with the ‘oldly worldly’ feel. At night we chose to eat in the restaurant and the food was amazing! I had the beef rib and I don’t think I’ll find another restaurant that can beat that meal! The chefs deserve a mention here too because every single meal we ate we there, we were impressed with. The Sunday lunch board was to die for and cooked to perfection!! You need to try that it you stay!! We are already planning another 7 hours drive back up there! The hotel is beautiful and set in beautiful surroundings, the staff were all so inviting, the food was incredible, the alcohol kept flowing and we had the best time. We are definitely returning.

Room tip: Take elastic waisted trousers because you won’t want to stop eating.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2023 via mobile

We recently dined at the newly refurbished Tor na Collie Hotel (The Greedy Goose) in Banchory to celebrate our friends birthday.
We were not disappointed.
Immediately we were stunned by the beautiful decor which was very stylish and welcoming. There was a great ambience and the lighting was perfect.
We were shown to our table by Remi the new owner who was very friendly and attentive.
The food was delicious and very well presented. We had a wonderful evening and will certainly return.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2023 via mobile

Every single floorboard creaks, my pet hate. Room was ok, could have been cleaner. Hotel was under renovation during my stay. Food was overpriced for what it was, staff very welcoming and friendly. Big gap under the door to the room which let in a lot of light.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2023 via mobile

Had Sunday dinner today , the very best food and service I have received for a very long time . We had the shared roast and would highly recommend but make sure you are hungry because the portions are big !!
The real text was the sticky toffee pudding and once again we were not disappointed .
The best meal for a long time !!

Trip type: Travelled with family