“Leaving Do!”

Lanivet Inn
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bodmin
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a community led village pub focusing on the things that make a good pub great: quality food made from fresh locally sourced produce, the best kept ales, music, games and a whole lot of fun.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great night, food and service was excellent!!! All the food was great but the cheeseboard was amazing and was well worth the money! All of us had different meals, everyone was happy with their choices and the quality of the meals received. Great selection of gins to accompany meals and Irish coffees!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Robert L, Owner at Lanivet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you so much for your great review I'm really glad you enjoyed everything. I agree the cheese board is one I always recommend to people!
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband & I ate at the Lanivet Inn whilst celebrating my Dad's birthday. The food was absolutely fantastic and the service was really friendly. The sticky toffee pudding was a firm favourite. This is my favourite pub for food in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The ideal lunch stop if you’re driving from Bodmin to Truro.
Comfortable pub, friendly staff. Well-kept West Country beers, including the splendid Jail Ale.
Tasty, well-cooked, nicely presented food. Weekday lunch menu offers 2 mains for £16 but the general mains are too good to miss. Very good desserts.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The two evenings we dined here the food was enjoyable. The pool table is free which was great for us.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went on Mother’s Day for the set menu. The staff were wonderful and very attentive. Really good service our waitress was so polite and couldn’t do enough for us. The food however let the place down. I ordered roast lamb off the set menu and my friend ordered the roast chicken. The food was very basic, our starters were feta and melon salad - no dressing literally just cheese slapped onto rocket :( really dry!! I think it had been sat out because it didn’t taste fresh. Also watermelon and feta is not a good combo: honeydew melon would’ve been better surely? For main course my lamb was very tough and really fatty I couldn’t eat it. The whole thing was swamped in gravy! My friends chicken was over cooked and really dry. Presentation wasn’t good it was all just thrown on the plate. I realise this is a pub and not a fine dining restaurant but there was no love or care at all put into the presentation whatsoever. I think it would be nice if the meals had been served with gravy in little boats so you could pour your own gravy. The veg was cooked well, the roast potatoes were nice. Looking at the reviews I was surprised the food was such a poor standard because it seems to be a popular place. Perhaps they were having an off day with it being a busy Sunday?

Robert L, Owner at Lanivet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback good and bad is always important for us to continually work to improve our offer. I only wish you had let us know on the day, by doing this we could have seen the issues you had and corrected anything you were unhappy with.
As you will know we check how the food is three times during your visit, once during your meal, once when we clear your plates and once when you are paying. We do this in the hope that customers will inform us then and there if there are any problems, so we can then correct any issues and learn from any mistakes.
As a team we are very proud of the quality of fresh, locally sourced food that we serve. We are also very aware we cannot get things right every time, but only hope that people will let us know at the time allowing us the opportunity to put things right.
Mother’s Day is an extremely busy day for us, in fact a record day for us this year. The feed back we got from everyone was extremely good, so it was very disappointing to see this review on here, after the feedback we had received on the day.
Unfortunately, as you did not let us know at the time, there is very little I can do. Other than apologise you were un happy and assure you the feedback you have given does not reflect our normal standard.
Hopefully if you are in the area again, you will visit us again and see that this is not a true reflection of the quality of food we offer and the standards you would normally expect.
Many thanks,