“Avoid at all cost!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What an unfortunate dining experience! We arrived as a family of 8 and quickly told there was room for us upstairs. Most of our party had to go back downstairs to order because the beer choices upstairs were so poor. Things didn’t get any better as 4 of us waited for our food for nearly an hour and it arrived only after chasing it up and after the rest of our party had finished their meals. My husband had to go through 4 different menu choices as everything was sold out, no mixed grills, no cod & chips, no ploughman’s and eventually settled on a chicken & avocado salad. My burger arrived cold, crispy and tasteless (it was obvious it had been sitting under a heat lamp for ages) and my husbands salad was pathetic. Watery, tasteless avocado and some wilted lettuce leaves. The children’s pizzas were cold, but they were so hungry, they ate them! To top off a terrible experience, a visit to the loos found them in an unhygienic state, evidenced by the toilet cleaning roster which confirmed they had not been checked since 3pm! It was nearly 9pm by the time we used them. This restaurant may appeal to your pocketbook, but certainly not your tastebuds or customer satisfaction.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Only popped in for a drink while visiting Bodmin. Beautiful building with lots of quirky features. Reasonable prices and great prices.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Just been in here for something to eat whilst visiting family and had to wait 30 minutes for my hotdog when my brother and sister had theirs and no condiments bought to the table til after we'd finished, will not be visiting here again for food, also customer service is very poor.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Although it's our local Wetherspoons we think it is one of the best. The building has very tastefully converted from a chapel making very pleasant surroundings. Staff are very friendly and food usual good value for money.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Love Wetherspoons !!! At last a chain that offers half decent vegan food my o my issue is why can I get soya milk at some pubs but not all ??
Anyway great friendly welcome,great food and cold Guinness (yes all Guinness is vegan) will be back at some point,keep up the good work guys.

Date of visit: March 2018
Bodmin-management, Manager at Chapel-an-Gansblydhen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for the positive feedback. We aim to please and it's always lovely to hear when we manage to do just that

I'll pass on your comments to the team who I know will appreciate it, as for the soya milk I'm sure it won't be long before we all have it :)

Kind regards