All reviews facilities are great spring water toilet block small site fridge freezer perfect location camel trail yurts turkeys campervan kindling fm blisland camping campsite campers field
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We stayed at this site from Thursday to Saturday before heading to a wedding nearby. It was lovely to have a little holiday beforehand! The site is very well equipped with excellent showers (although they are push botton - annoying if you have limited mobility) which are free. There was fridge & freezer space to use and a nice big clean toilet block too. We arrived very late (after midnight) and when I called ahead to check if we would be able to come still, the owner was super relaxed and chilled about it - which is so nice. So many sites seem to expect you to get out of work and to your destination by 8pm!
We had a few friendly visitors in the morning, a gang of turkeys! When I went off to do the washing up, i cam back to find one sat in my camping chair!!!!
There is plenty to do in this area - just pick up a Wilde guide.
We will be back to get some sausages which we missed out on, as we kept missing the owners! We paid our fee to the coffee & breakfast van man that they have on site - so handy!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are keen campers even though we both suffer from MS we actively seek out campsites that are a bit different from the norm. Oh my, this is such a lovely site, so well presented and just the atmosphere when you arrive it’s laid back with no rush to have to sign in you turn up and pitch enjoy your day and sort out your booking later. It’s awesome. We stayed for the weekend and we did the whole walk that is recommended when you arrive, it was a lovely mixture of moors, woods, river side and finally fields with sheep. It took my wife and 2 hours of really gentle strolling.
We both had a breakfast bap (the full works) omg it was a very filling breakfast it was sensational, absolutely cooked to perfection. The cost was £5 but worth every single penny.
You must try the walk to Blisland it took us 25 mins and pub in Blisland is fantastic £3.30 pint of guest ales, £3.00 Spiced rum and coke.
So, if like proper camping in a wonderful setting with an incredible chilled out atmosphere, please try South Penquite Farm you won’t be disappointed. We loved it here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Camped here for a week with our 2 boys (age 5 and 8). It’s a large campsite on a working farm and as a result there are lots of animals roaming around freely, which the children enjoyed seeing. The boys also loved the play areas, both outside (swings and climbing apparatus) and the indoor play barn (with sand and basketball hoop amongst other things).
The facilities are great, spotless bathrooms and fantastic shower rooms - really spacious which meant washing the kids was easy! Plus small fridge and freezer (although must say this didn’t quite work too well!), washing machine and drier, and secure lockers to charge any devices you’ve brought.
You are free to pitch up where you like which is nice, although it’s obviously luck of the draw as to what space is available, but with such a large amount of space it shouldn’t be a problem to find a good spot.
The addition of the Cornish Coffee Crate is fantastic for morning coffee and a breakfast roll, and the burger night they put on was a welcome break from camp stove cooking too. The burgers were amazing!!
All in all a great stay, and our kids are already asking when we can go back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This campsite is on a proper working farm and the kids can feel part of that by closing the gates and trying not to chase the turkeys. We stayed in the bunk snughouse and the site facilities are more than enough to make camping a pleasure. Parents can snatch some moments of peace as the kids go off for some farm fun and are always within sight or earshot. Great family holiday on Bodmin Moor.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

This is a campsite for real campers! It's in a beautiful, quiet situation on the edge of Bodmin Moor. It is just over a mile from the village of Blisland, where there is an excellent pub, which serves food. The campsite is very spacious, so people don't have to camp on top of one another. The washing and toilet facilities are first class, and very clean. The owners are very accommodating. There are two concessions to luxury. A breakfast bar (serving excellent bacon baps!) and a reception area with settees, books and magazines, tourist leaflets, and a TV!

I arrived there on my bike from Lands End a couple of days ago. I had ran into trouble with a worn-out tyre and several punctures. I had to make an enforced stop of an extra day at South Penquite in order to get the bike back on the road again, but I certainly don't regret it. It's got to be one of the nicest campsites I've ever stayed on.

I think the decision by the owners not to accept caravans is a good one. As I said, it's a campsite for real campers!

Stayed: August 2018