“Delicious fillet steak”
Review of The Town Cow

The Town Cow
Ranked #39 of 220 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Reviewed 24 January 2018

We dropped in last Friday evening with no booking but got a table with no problem. The staff were young and reasonably friendly but a little blunt. We ordered and the waiter came back to say there was no beef stroganof, no real apology just stood waiting for an alternative to be selected and he should have know/been told this was the case anyway. The beer order was wrong when it arrived - only 1 of the 3 beers chosen was actually delivered to the table but we went with it as it was the waitresses first night and that can be a tricky learning curve (she did offer to change them but we didn't bother). All 3 meals were tasty, a;though I would have liked a sauce with my steak but I wasn't going to pay another £3.50 on top of the £23.50 for the steak to get it so had it 'dry'. I asked for it medium which was how it came and I thoroughly enjoyed it - the chunky chips and really tasty too! We would return again.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We visited the Town Cow for our Christmas Party with 35 people, great choice available on the menu and were also happy to accommodate specific requests.

Great service and steaks cooked to perfection even when large numbers were involved.

Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Just visited the Town Cow with my fiancee and I have to confess the food was amazing. The staff were very attentive, courteous and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. The starters were lovely and I've probably just eaten one of the best rib eye steaks ever (cooked to perfection) and I've eaten a few steaks over the years. My fiancee had the chicken Kiev and she said it was amazing. Definitely worth the money, we thought it was very reasonable for the quality of food we received. We would highly recommend the Town Cow to all steak lovers out there, amazing and thank you.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Food was good, steaks not correctly cooked, reasonably good customer service but too many youngsters as staff, manager didn’t come and ask after we complained( did make appearance when paying the bill). Told you can’t cook certain steaks a certain way.......then please advise when ordering........you are a steak restaurant!!!!!!

luciemanager, Owner at The Town Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi Stephen, you didn’t really give me much to work with here and I am confused by the steaks cooked a certain way part? The only thing I can think of is you had a steak on the bone or perhaps shared a steak? If a steak is on the bone the area around the bone is always rarer, we recommend you have it cooked a little more than you would normally to ensure this part is not too raw for you. We also state we are happy to pop this part back on the grill if it is not to taste. Going forward i will put this explanation on the menu.
If you shared a steak then we can only cook it to one preference?

You said I made an appearance at the end, I am the owner and chef on most days so no doubt I was tied up in the kitchen. I always make a point of asking the staff if they checked each table and am not aware of any incorrectly cooked steaks recently. If there are I get this put right from the kitchen side and instruct staff accordingly.

Yes my staff are on the young side, but they are keen and polite. Finding staff within this industry is notoriously hard and a constant mission. I am confident that my current team carry out their duties well.

Happy New Year

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Very friendly efficient staff, very warm welcome, lovely setting, cocktails really great, food very well cooked and presented will definitely be back.