“Good lunch stop”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I haven’t been to Jenny Watts for lunch in many years. So when the kids asked to go for lunch in the “old looking place” I said “why not used to eat here a lot when I was you age. “ I am glad I said yes, true the furniture is a bit tired , but it adds to the experience and everyone very much enjoyed the meal, kids plates clean which is the bench mark. Staff were very friendly and price was very good.
So if you are tired of your hipster burger joint could do a lot worse than roast beef dinner at the old Jenny Watts

1  Thank Max-Gleeson

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I frequently come to this pub after visiting home to get that homely pub grub and sense of Irish hospitality back after being in England.

There is always plenty of seating available for both couple and larger groups. We are also served immediately after we sit everytime.

The selection of food is the usual you'd expect in a pub but the great thing is that you can tell it is freshly cooked and not just frozen and heated. We always wait around 15/20 mins for this but it's well worth it!

While you wait you can of course have a selection of soft or alcoholic drinks. Personally the infamous Hop House on tap is my favourite or just any of the Irish ciders.

The pub is decorated with Northern Irish and Irish history such as newspaper/magazine cuttings from decades gone or infamous pictures of the titanic etc.

The pricing is reasonable especially due to the quality and position size for what you get, around £9-12 for a main course. But there are lunch options also for lighter bites!

Outside there is also a cute beer garden which would be my only negative as it only has around 4/5 tables and could do with an expansion as it is decorated nicely in its current small state.

All in all, for good homely pub grub this would be my personal favourite in Bangor, I always enjoy it when I go home visiting family!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

On a sailing trip from Scotland, we were recommended this pub by the marina. The staff were friendly and beer was good. Great place to visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Beautiful family meal in here on a rainy Saturday evening!!
Booked a table which was good as it was packed out!!
Place very nice, warm welcome!!
Food was delicious and freshly cooked!! Fantastic menu

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Two meals and a bottle wine for £38.

Our steaks were excellent ; oh, there were fresh hot bread selection for a starter included.

I’d also like to point out that all the staff were really sociable and friendly; well done