“Don't skip desserts !!”
Review of Underground Dining

Underground Dining
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: USD 4 - USD 34
Description: Modern cuisine serving the best of local produce,all dietary requirements available, Gluten-free, Vegan options, Vegetarian options A unique dining experience.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Underground dinning was our choice to celebrate a friends retirement and it did not let us down . It provided a lovely evening with fabulous food and excellent service from the moment of booking to the end of the meal.As we were a table of 8 persons we pre ordered and paid a deposit all of which was handled with great professionalism by Louise.The chief came out after our meal to speak and ask if we enjoyed our meal (friendly touch) much appreciated.Our group had a range of starters and mains all of which were delicious.However it would be a miss dessert in this restaurant (as i sometimes do) as everyone thought they were the highlight of their meal. Will be back with my hubby soon .

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went here for my birthday late lunch based on trip advisor reviews. The experience lived up to the 5 star ratings left by so many others.
Gary, the proprietor and chef, was so friendly and made an effort to chat to us and make us feel welcome. We sampled the scotch egg and blue cheese panna cotta from the taster starter, both were lovely. As a birthday treat Gary brought out a sample of the soup of the day, celeriac and roast garlic, which was just amazing! For mains it was the daube of beef and salmon and chorizo risotto, again clean plates said it all. We were full at this point but wanted to try the homemade sticky toffee pudding, which did not disappoint, easily the best I have had!
The food was excellent and the bill was very rreasonable, but the service from Gary and his staff made the experience a great one we'll remember and we'll definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

My wife and I were looking for somewhere different in Bangor to celebrate my 65th birthday. We wanted somewhere we could relax and enjoy an evening together. After reading the reviews we decided last minute to try Underground Dining for the first time. So glad we did. It was one of the most enjoyable evenings we have had for some time.

The menus had a lovely mix of offerings and whilst we are neither vegetarians or vegans some of our friends would undoubtedly enjoy their V&V options menu.

The staff made the whole evening a pleasant experience offering us very good advice on the menus choices. Being able to combine choices from the taster menu as starters was great. The food was really good, the price point I felt was very fair. All in all we had a lovely evening. Thanks to all their team.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Taken to Underground by friend and had a fabulous night there. The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived: friendly and really informative about the food and drinks available. Great bourbon drink to start and then excellent food (I will definitely be trying to create a chorizo risotto even half as good - it was so nice with salmon). Excellent wine and dessert was really good as well. Waiting staff were knowledgable, friendly and very responsive. Really nice to get to talk to patron/chef Gary after the excellent meal also. A definite date in the diary whenever I visit my friend in Bangor!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with a friend. Staff were very friendly and nice touch the chef/proprietor chatting to everyone.
The food was good. I had the blue cheese panacotta and she had the parfait, both were nice. We both ordered the salmon with chorizo risotto which was nice but I found the risotto a bit over powering for my liking but that’s personal choice. Good choice of wines and nice atmosphere. Would go back.