All reviewshigh teathe main roadstayed for one nightbeef steak pieold buildingstaff were friendlytoasttasty foodhotel is situatedfamily weddingwould stay here againturkeycarverymenusupperfreezerstroll
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here overnight with a colleague and the twin room was clean and tidy, the bathroom was very small and awkward to get in and out of the shower without nearly topling over. But it did the job well enough.

Staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice and served prompt.

I would stay here again, was good for an overnight stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This hotel is situated on a main road but traffic noise was not an issue. Although the public bar in the hotel was full, we did not hear any noise in our room. The room was extremely comfortable, clean and plenty of space for hanging clothes.
We were there for a birthday buffet. Although we had to leave the room where we had the buffet, we were allowed to go into the Tapas Bar which was excellent. The food in the Tapas Bar was good value for money.

Room Tip: We were in room 120. I would request rooms in this area again.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Didn't sleep here, but thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. Four of us dropped in unannounced and were presented with a fantastic meal full of local produce. Served by a very cheery lady, the food had been cooked with skill and finesse. I had anticipated food from the freezer, but my fish was fresh and nicely cooked. Noy haute cuisine, bet veru good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Not a bad lunch for the money, but best stick to the usual lunch stuff, all credit to the chef putting roast beef on a lunch time, but not that good but passable. Seems popular enough quite busy on a Thursday.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Firstly the good things:
The staff are very friendly and helpful
The breakfast was well cooked and tasted fine.
The room though small was o.k. for a small hotel.

Now the not so good things:
When I sit down for breakfast and I am told that the ONE menu for the whole room is on the bar. How much to print another 5 menus - not much.
When we leave towels on the bathroom floor then it means I want them replaced (this is standard the world over) not that I want to find them drying on the radiator in the room when I return.

Now the one bad thing:
When I go out for the day locking the room then when I come back I don't expect the room to be left unlocked by the cleaner!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple