“CURRY AT ITS BEST”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I must admit I have been coming to this Restaurant for a lot of years now , the owner will know me when I tell him that I was in last night Tuesday 1st August at 6.15pm.

Firstly I will start by saying this is an exceptional restaurant - the only thing that has let it down in the past and one of the reasons that we don't come as often as we would like is the fact that sometimes the service can be really slow and as my friend and I are busy we cant really cope with the wait - however last night the service was fast and efficient.

The owner himself is a lovely man even accommodated me in my favourite starter which was not on the menu anymore - it is not just my favourite starter in Golden Gate but the best starter of any Indian Restaurant I have ever been in - and believe me I have been in hundreds over the years.

Next the quality of food and quantity of food is exceptional and so is the price - we usually come for the Happy Hour Menu which is a great value for money.

I would recommend this place to anybody and everybody , give your old curry house a rest and give this place a try - you wont be disappointed - as long as the service is as fast as it was last night, that would be my only observation.

Also my friend the Manager - the reason why I sadly don't come as often as I would like is I work away from home a lot - I never give an Indian Restaurant where I go a miss as Indian Food is Exceptional - so don't take it personally - your restaurant is superb, your food is exceptional , your portion size is generous and on the whole I could not give it less than 5 stars - keep up the good work my friend and take care and when I am in the area rest assured I will be back and recommend it to as many people as possible.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I ordered from just eat went and collected it as it's alway longer than they say for delivery time. Got home dished the two meals up to find a rather long black hair through the rice. This physically made me want to throw up. I can say I will never be coming back to this place again.

1  Thank Kayleigh W
Reviewed 14 March 2017

been going here off and on for years we used to go here then the next time would go to tandoori nights then next time cinnamons but now will be sticking to goldengate nicer food and cheaper

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Having ordered the food, we had to wait over 1hr 45mins for our food to arrive. When it arrived they got the order wrong. I rang and they told me they were very busy. I appreciate this but it's a Sunday night so they should have some kind of provision in order to accommodate the heavy amount of orders they could be receiving. This surely is not the customers issue!!! Having been charged for the food I didn't receive I am still waiting hours later for the manager to call and arrange for reimbursement of my money. I don't normally right reviews but I am appalled at the service received and would certainly not be eating here again cos when the food did finally arrive it was barely warm! Not impressed !!!

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Love the food here but the slow service lets them down. Waited over 2 hours for 1 curry 1 naan bread and 1 chips to be delivered. Maybe you should hire more staff.