“good food at a reasonable cost”
Review of The Sennockian

The Sennockian
Ranked #44 of 134 Restaurants in Sevenoaks
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The latest in a series of visits here and it's always a great deal. Very reasonably priced and good quality 'nosh' plus a wide range of beers. Fast and efficient service and excellent value for money ... hard to beat

Cassie H, Manager at The Sennockian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you Malcolm for your positive comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stopped here for a quick drink whilst passing through Sevenoaks. This is a Wetherspoons pub and we have always found these to be a good stopping place be it for food, drinks or just a coffee. We were not disappointed with our visit here. Clean and tidy pub, friendly staff, good atmosphere. Worth a visit if in the area.

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

have been here on a number of occasions, it is quick and very reasonable and good value for money. they do a good curry night on a Thursday

Cassie H, Manager at The Sennockian, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you Judith for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your experience at The Sennockian and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stopped off here on the way home to grab a meal and a drink. The meal was not great. I had fish and chips my partner had the meat pie. The fish was all batter and very greasy, chips were freezing cold. The meat pie was just as bad. The cutlery was dirty, I had to find a member of staff to get them changed. The place was full of young people who were very loud with their shouting and screaming. Most of them seemed very drunk, they were drinking shots, and a lot of them looked far to young to be drinking alcohol in the pub. We will not be attending this place again....

I was extremely disappointed and concerned to read about your experience on your visit.
Here at The Sennockian we pride ourselves on great customer service, and great value for money so this was a real shock.
As i'm sure you can understand, we don't always get this right, and lessons have to be learnt to ensure we continue to improve, and without reviews such as yours I wouldn't have the opportunity to act on situations such as this.
I am currently investigating the concerns you had on your visit and will take the appropriate action to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to The Sennockian on a number of occasions but on the last visit I was disappointed. The staff are friendly enough and the surroundings very comfortable as usual but ordered a black coffee and received half a cup. I’ll give it another try and if things improve then I'll update the review. Maybe it was just a bad day - I do hope so.

Cassie H, Manager at The Sennockian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for informing us of these issues you had on your visit, this has been brought up with our staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. I am pleased to say we now offer free refills on all our tea and coffee at just £1.20.

We do strive to provide great service at brilliant value and it seems we fell short on this occasion and for that I do apologise.

However, thank you for informing us of these issues and we do hope to see you back soon.

Cassie.