“Lovely lunch”

Cote Brasserie Sevenoaks
Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in Sevenoaks
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Having been to this chain before, we knew what to expect. Good service, good food and not bad prices. That's probably why we keep coming back! Clean areas, friendly staff. Yes definitely on the return list. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Well placed in Central Sevenoaks for a pre theatre or cinema meal and close to parking ( buy a ticket). Nice atmosphere and lots of different seating area. Their Seasonal menu changes regularly, and their set menu is always excellent value with a good range of choices. I've eaten here many times, both as a couple and with a group of friends.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Visited for a family dinner, with two vegetarians and a vegan. They were able to produce a good Vegan risotto (modifying the menu). Food was well presented, timely and with a reasonably varied menu. Wine list wasn't extensive but showed fair variety.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I visited Cote for a birthday breakfast with my family and I can't recommend it enough. When we arrived there was birthday confetti and complimentary mimosas on the table. The manager, Sam, had made sure that I had a very special birthday. The breakfast itself was tasty and there was a good variety of options available. One of my family is lactose intolerant and Sam made sure they got lactose free scrambled eggs. It's also very reasonable as you can get a cooked breakfast and drink for £9.95. All in all a fantastic start to my birthday!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My daughter and I visited Cote's for breakfast on two days running. Overall, nothing drastic wrong, just too many things that weren't quite right.

The first table we sat at was right under the air conditioner and was pushing out cold air on a not-very-warm day. No problem: we moved - to a table that wobbled a lot. We moved again: good table.

My breakfast consisted of slightly overcooked bacon, nice sausage, lukewarm mushrooms and almost-cold poached eggs that tasted of vinegar. I don't think it's that hard to get all the components of a cooked breakfast to be hot when it is served, and there really is no excuse to serve poached eggs tasting of vinegar (I don't think there's any need to cook them in vinegar, but I don't really care how the chef cooks them so long as they are hot and taste of egg).

A request for a skinny latte resulted in being told that they only have full fat milk (not even semi skimmed).

The bill has an "optional" service charge of 12.5%. This despicable habit of adding a service charge is rapidly becoming ubiquitous, particularly in London. The prices should include whatever is necessary to pay the waiting staff appropriately and leave it to the customer to reward exceptional service. Instead, the customer is forced to either confront the staff who have been waiting on them and ask them to remove the "optional" charge or to add 12.5% to the menu prices.

I doubt we'll be going back.