“Our local gastro pub”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Been a long time since we've eaten here, three years in fact as we were disappointed taking friends there. Thought we'd try again and we weren't disappointed. It was a freezing cold night and were seated by a very drafty window and had to ask to be moved. We started with mulled wine and ordered bread and butter. Then we had the squid and Spanish sausage and yoghurt as our starters and it was cooked to perfection and delicious flavours. The main of belly and cheek of pork, mash, cabbage and apple sauce was also very good. The duck with sweet potato was too sweet. A good evening and glad that the standard of food has improved.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

My fiancee and I booked a table for 2 on the day which they were happy to accommodate for us which was really nice. We sat upstairs which got quite crowded but to be fair the waiting staff looked after us well. The starters and main courses were delicious, really good quality. My only slight quibble was that the portion sizes were small. I know that's the michellin way but I was still hungry after 4 courses. Granted I can eat more than the average person in a sitting (I don't really snack) but still! Desserts weren't quite as great, but overall the food was really really good. I had a lamb main, my fiancee had duck which was brilliant. Staff looked after us well, even ran out to give me a card I'd left on the table as we were driving away. Nearly ran her over, that commitment!

All in all it was very good and I'd highly recommend, just check your finances before going in as you'll need a few courses!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Visited for lunch recently.Despite lovely open fire no other heating.By the end of the meal all of our party wee complaining of feeling perished.
Also there seems to be a problem with the ladies toilets .On a previous visit about two weeks ago one of the toilets was out of order and was not is use during this visit.Small things could be easily rectified i.e. The pedal bin was broken in early November but still not replaced.
We have had many meals here over the years but I have to say we will not be returning soon.

1  Thank 519magoo
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to this, sadly we were a bit disappointed . To be fair the food looked good and tasted ok. In my opinion it was average. The restaurant was quaint but dirty with large cobwebs hanging from all wall lights
It was also I think over priced as lunch cost £116 for 2 of us

2  Thank W12ELS
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Cute little country boutique pub in the heart of Chipstead Village in Kent.
Great service, food and atmosphere. I would recommend the Oxtail cottage pie which was served with green beans. Delicious!!!