“Really missing this Restaurant”
Review of Cafe Rouge - Sevenoaks - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge - Sevenoaks
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2014

We were regular patrons of Café Rouge. The food (fishcakes in particular) was always a cut above the average. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Every time we go into Sevenoaks town centre we look wistfully at the closed down sign that heralded an end of an era for us.
Ok so there's going to be an Italian restaurant in it's place - big deal - we already have two others in Sevenoaks!!!
Come back Café Rouge - you are sadly missed by everyone.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

An excellent venue now closed down.This is the second time that this chain has opened then closed a restaurant in Sevenoaks.We have always enjoyed our meals there.

Reviewed 10 November 2014

The service let the meal down, they were very busy but service with a smile doesn't hurt! had to wait ages for the main course, but as I said they were busy!

Reviewed 20 October 2014

We decided as a family to celebrate my youngest child's birthday with a lunch at this restaurant and took the trouble to book a table in advance and notify them that this was a birthday lunch. From the onset this was a dismal and unwelcoming experience as we were told to go upstairs and left to our own devices for almost 15 minutes. There was only 1 other group upstairs. No table had been set aside for us, let alone any effort made to make us feel welcome. We had to ask for the specials menu which arrived 25 minutes after we sat down. After 1 hour we had only had our starter and after 1 hour 20 minutes our main courses arrived. Our salad main courses looked unappetising and without onion. When I asked if we could have some onion I had the menu shoved under my nose by the waitress who told me to read it and see onion is not included in the salads we had ordered but it included with other salads. I then read the ingredients of the other salads and none of them listed onion (I have previously had exactly the same salad and it is always served with onion). I had to get very firm with the waitress and insisted we have onion brought with our salad which she did.

In a nutshell we were made to feel unwelcome, no table was reserved for us, kept waiting, food was uninspiring, the service demeaning and we were made to feel very uncomfortable. No thought was given to us as customers, it seriously marred the whole celebration and we were billed for £110.00 (for 4 people). I still feel very upset by the whole experience, not the way one would want to celebrate a young person's birthday ever.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Just love this restaurant, never had a bad meal, and even better when you get a voucher, my daughter and myself went for our birthdays and were treated very special.