“Great family meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stopped here, after long family day out on way home, have been previously, booked a table as Saturday night, staff very friendly, meal quickly arrived good quality and nicely presented, managed to use Voucher code via mobile phone, good close parking not free, pleasant location, could imagine being in a french market square ! Outdoor dining available as well, will return thanks

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Read mixed reviews so pleased to find the usual friendly service and lively atmosphere. We were there for a small family gathering. We all know this restaurant and have enjoyed it in the past.
Coming by car, use the Pay and Display car park, £1 evenings, but expensive in the daytime.
Food reasonable for quality and value, but menu changes little year on year.
This establishment will stay on our list.

1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have eaten in Cafe Rouge several times over the years, and it has been a varied experience. The main reason I chose it this time, was because I had some Tesco Vouchers to use up!!
However, the service was efficient and friendly without being over the top, and when my steak arrived undercooked, and I asked for it to be sent back, there was no problem. It reappeared slightly more cooked on a clean plate with new fries. The platter of charcuterie we had to begin was very nice and the pud we shared was fine too. Overall a pleasant experience. Would I go there again? Possibly.... it somewhat lacks atmosphere and the rear of the restaurant is gloomy.
The staff were it's greatest asset, but I think the prices are a bit dear for a chain restaurant experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Whilst wandering around town we decided to pop in here for a snack as we have been to several branches of this restaurant chain and always found them to be dependable.
The service was a little slow where we were sitting which was off to the side of the main body of the restaurant but the staff were pleasant and helpful when they did remember that we were there!
The food was reasonable, it was well presented and the place appeared to be clean and tidy.
All in all we would return here again if we were in the area.

1  Thank PaulEP604
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I like Cafe Rouge. We've been several times for lunch and they have cheerful waitstaff, excellent lattes and (usually) good food. I've never had to wait for a table, service is quick and the atmosphere congenial.

The only disappointment was last weekend, when I had the salmon fish cakes. They seemed to be mixed fresh and canned salmon, along with a potato filler. It's still on our go-to list, I just won't order fish again.

1  Thank Jeannehc