“Would definitely stay again!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
STEPS UP TO BUILDING RECEPTION
VIEW OVER BAY FROM BAY WINDOW
PROMENADE
SUNSET
PROMENADE
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Mrs Lynne...
“The Galleon Apartment morecambe”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Would not return to the apartment again. It was very dirty and the carpets smelt really bad like cats at urinated on them it cost me a lot of money buying air fresheners to spray every where.

Ethan S
“Would definitely stay again!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Apartment was absolutely amazing for the price. Towels and linen provided which made the travel to Morecambe and back much easier than otherwise. Lisa was lovely and very friendly, she gave us a tour of the apartment and explained how to work boiler, tv, etc.The outside area/balcony is a very nice touch to the apartment and made it easy to dry our washing. WiFi worked very well throughout the apartment. Bed and sofas were very comfortable. The apartment was cleaned to a reasonable standard.
I was slightly worried when I first entered the building as I smelt damp, but then within the actual apartment it was fine (no smell of damp and our asthma wasn't set off).
Aldi is very close to the apartment (around 5 minute walk). Sea view from the front room window is lovely also. Plenty of leaflets of reccomendations of where to go.
We had a lovely stay in Morecambe and would definitely stay again!

Management Response
19 Aug 2017
It was a pleasure having you here and you really seemed to appreciate the effort that goes into making youre stay a good one. i would like to thank EVERYONE for their wonderful 5 star reviews. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
BoardingP...
“spacious flat,let down by cleaniness”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I was up visiting friends for a wedding, so was looking for a place close to them, this flat was ideal. The flat was spacious with an added bonus of a balcony but not for the view. The cleanliness could have been better, more attention to detail required. Upon entering the hallway to the flats, there was an unpleasant aroma, which is quite off putting for guests. Unfortunately I left my stay a day earlier due to bites. Lisa was made aware of this, for future reference.
Lisa is very helpful and friendly and therefore if the above matters were changed then I would stay again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Aug 2017
Looking at all these WONDERFULl 5 star reviews there doesnt seem to be anything at all putting guests off so its a bit unfair to comment whats off putting for guests when there is nothing to support this?
The apartment does have a balcony it is south facing with imitation grass and patio doors. the beautiful sea view and lakeland hills is through the newly double glazed living room window which hasnt even been mentioned.?
Its news to me that anyone left a day early?

Ive NEVER had ANY complaints about bites BEFORE or AFTER this guest?
Anyone can get bitten in summer anywhere anytime especially if the weather is wet and muggy which it was. I even changed the bed etc as a precaution which hasnt been mentioned but found NOTHING. when i asked the guest why she had left it to the last day to mention it she said " well err well err maybe i was bitten on the saturday. she wasnt even sure ?
Knowing this guest if she had been bitten on the saturday she would have certtainly let me know.
To sum things up i dont think this guest enjoyed the holiday the weather was a big issue as she kept moaning about it. and said it was sunny on the Isle of Wight where she was from.
I helped her with places to visit i.e Kendal. Windermere. a return train ticket is £11.50 to kendal . then get a train to windermere. its a lovely day out.
she was very friendly all week then on the last day she said " IM GOING TO BE REALLY HORRIBLE NOW" and looking at this review she was.
I hope the wedding was a bit more up-beat than this review.
I dont think there are many matters really to address as . i am improving the apartments all the time which is reflecting in the reviews. and people apart from one seem very happy here as i am for them to stay. and hence the price which works out at £12.50 pppn. which i think you would struggle to find anywhere. and they are proving very popular.
I hope this guest finds somewhere more suited to her needs whatever they may be. and GOOD LUCK. im sorry this wasnt the one.
Barry and...
“Great Sea Views. What more could you want.”
Reviewed 16 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I can't really say anything about the local ammenities as we didn't come for that kind of holiday. We are from Lancaster , born and bred, but lived in Derbyshire for the last 20 years.We are now retired and were coming on a trip to visit all the relations , as we are all getting older and had two deaths last year.
The Galleon had everything we needed, a comfy bed, far better than mine, and I noticed that there were toys and games for visiting children, and dog toys under the sink. Far better than a caravan as at least it had a proper settee.My husband kept getting confused with all the doors on the landing but I think that's an age thing.Someone mentioned that the bowling alley is going which is a shame as we spent hours here in our late teens and it would have appealed to older children.My brother Ken Walton lives nearby. He's a famous writer of role playing games and books under the company title of Cakebread and Walton.The area is slowly being done up again which is good as it went downhill at one time. Happy Mount Park would be nice to visit at the other end of the prom and you must take a trip to Lancaster .With it's castle, Monument in Williamson's park and Butterfly house, river and maritime museum, and the Lancaster Canal.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jenny g
“Excellent place lovely owner”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Would Love to go back next time we are in the area. The flat was far more than we expected thank you.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing