All reviews university campus stirling management centre wallace monument conference venue conference facilities sports facilities bar menu hotel is located breakfast was buffet style rooms are comfortable wedding party tea and coffee comfortable stay an overnight stay quiet location stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 9 November 2018

This hotel is convenient, clean, well located and staff are very helpful. I have stayed several times, it is value for money, has a good buffet breakfast, the service staff are responsive and helpful. The food could do with better presentation, and some creative thinking, especially for the meals in the evening or bar as they are expensive for what they are and limited, this could be a focus for the venue with some attention or new ideas. However this is a pleasant convenient and comfortable stay and is value for money.

Room tip: The rooms are a basic standard, clean, and there is all you need and the beds are comfortable
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
StirlingVenues, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following your recent stay with us, Dreamer260551. I'm pleased that you were happy with your accommodation and the service you received from our team. I'll certainly share your review on our menus with our Chef. We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed there this week on a very good deal. We had no difficulty finding a parking space on arrival in mid afternoon. Reception was efficient but not over friendly.
Our room was quiet, clean and well equipped with a view to the other side of the hotel and towards the Ochil hills. Bathroom was good with plenty of hot water. We were slightly puzzled that we only had one hand towel and one bath towel for the two of us but we managed to share. I’m sure if we’d asked we would have been given more towels.
Our deal included a two course dinner which we enjoyed. Before and after dinner we had drinks in the spacious bar area which had gloriously comfortable wingback armchairs. Aside from the comfort they create a feeling of privacy and make for an inviting place to sit enjoying a drink and a quiet chat.
Breakfast was buffet style with the usual cooked options as well as cereal, fruit etc.
Coffee was good. Buffet items could have been hotter.
As I said we were on a very good deal and I don’t know what the regular prices would be. It may be helpful for readers to know that this hotel is a well known conference centre and indeed there were several on while we were there. Part of the dining room was sectioned off in the evening for dinner in an attempt to make it cosier but it does have that conference centre feel.
So if you need quaint surroundings this might not be for you but if you want a clean, efficient and comfortable stay within easy reach of Stirling and Bridge of Allan and with a reasonable standard of evening meal then this might just fit the bill. Ideal for business travellers but also for tourists who wish to explore this lovely area with a host of attractions. The hotel has lots of leaflets with ideas for outings
I can’t finish without mentioning the delightful and cheerful staff member who greeted us at breakfast showing us to our table. I didn’t get his name but his sunny and kind demeanour would put a smile on the grumpiest face.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 475kirstym

Dear 75kirstym
Thanks so much for submitting such an informative and lovely 5 star review following your recent stay with us. I’m sorry to read that you room was not equipped with two towels and will raise this with Housekeeping. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and have shared your feedback with the team, making special mention to the staff member who served you at breakfast! Thanks again and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

As before, this being our second visit, I would like to confirm what a good establishment this is.
Located in the grounds of Stirling University, the hotel conference centre is at Bridge of Allen, just to the north of the town.
We arrived on the Friday afternoon, for my conference on the Saturday.
Check in was friendly, and our alocated room was spaceous and comfortable, with a view over the parkland.
My wife was delighted to see, early morning, a pair of Rowe Deer, grazing about 50 yards from our window, and later squirrels and a hare made themselves known to us !
After a very substantial breakfast, my wife headed into town by taxi, and I to my meeting, which included a very nice lunch.
On the spur of the moment we decided to stay on the Saturday & Sunday nights and left for the south on the Monday morning.
This is an easy hotel to relax in, and very close to some outstanding countryside and historic attractions.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear BSA-Biker
Thanks so much for such wonderful feedback. It is always a great pleasure to welcome our returning guests. I’m delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay – so much so you booked for an extra couple of nights! We do agree to feeling blessed at our location not just within the beautiful Airthrey Estate but the wider countryside too. We hope it won’t be too long before you will both come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

The ideal hotel for business and corporate conferences with an over night stay. They are very well set up for these sorts of events and provided a decent lunch for those attending conference room events. If you are also staying over night the rooms are clean and comfortable. The lighting in the rooms is a bit odd and dim; plugs / switches for lights aren't obviously placed, yet the bathroom light comes on automatically. Little bit like a students residency in layout and style. Parking here is plentiful but an absolute nightmare getting a space as its heavily used, even when you arrive early in the morning - forget trying to get a space after 9 a.m. Your nearest alternative will be Bridge of Allan! The evening meals in the hotel are basic and not that well done either - a bit of a contrast to the afternoon corporate lunches. Best to eat out in the evening. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
StirlingVenues, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Peter A

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I'm delighted to hear you were happy with the standard of your room and the service you received from our team. However, I’m disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your evening meals as we pride ourselves on our menus, using seasonal and local produce, to create a wide variety of dishes to cater for every taste. I’ll pass your comments on this to our Chef and hotel management team.

I fully appreciate your frustration in trying to find a car parking space during busy periods at the Hotel. In addition to car parking spaces at the hotel we have access to spaces on the University campus. Our reception team are on hand to advise our guests on places to park should the hotel car park be full.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you again in future.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located in the grounds of Stirling University the condition of hotel is like new rooms well appointed only complaint is no elevator to upper floors .Nice bar lounge reasonable prices in bar.The included breakfast was buffet style very good lots of variety.Close enough for short taxi ride into city or castle.Would definitely stay at this hotel

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robert D
StirlingVenues, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Robert
Thank you so much for your wonderful 5* review of our Hotel. We're so pleased that overall you enjoyed our facilities, catering and accommodation and that you will come back to stay with us again. We do have a lift to the upper floor and I'm sorry that you were not made aware of this during our stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.