“Excellant Take Away”

Fortune Garden
Ranked #58 of 121 Restaurants in Horley
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Description: This is a great chinese takeaway, very comfortable for those who use Horley as a stopover point for Gatwick flights. The guys who work there are extremely friendly and polite, the service is very fast and the food is very good and tasty. There is a wide choice for vegetarians. When you come to order you can enjoy some crab crackers and inside your order you will find the fortune biscuits - that is a nice touch. Their prices are unbeatable. They are open till 23.00 and this is very convenient for those who arrive late
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have just eaten one of the best take away Chinese meals I've ever had. The Crispy duck was lovely, accompanied by crispy vegetables, a fabulous sauce and a more than adequate number of pancakes. The Crispy Spicy Shredded Beef was both crispy and spicy and actually contained beef rather than the fried chewy nothingness often passed of as this dish. The Singapore noodles were very tasty and full of meat and vegetables. We had the delivery service which was on time and the food was hot. This is the second time we've used Fortune Farden and will certainly be using them again. Excellant!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

First and last time we eat from here. New to Horley so gave it a go. Big mistake, collected food, 3 minute walk home. Cold food, strange flavours and potatoe in the pancake roll. All 3 of us feeling ill and 2 throwing up. Don't eat from here.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

My husband ordered from Fortune Garden as we are still trying local Chinese takeaways. I'm not a massive fan but hubby loves Chinese, and as I'd had lunch out, I wasn't that bothered about eating.
We got duck, noodles, a pork dish (can't remember which one) and chicken balls. My husband quite enjoyed his food and I only ate a couple a tiny portion but what I had was OK. The duck was a bit dry, but the chicken balls (had 3) were good and the noodles were quite nice also.
It seems we were lucky with delivery and got our food in about 40mins so it was still quite warm but we did order fairly early on a Saturday night. Will probably try Fortune Garden again.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We used to love this place and visited really frequently sometimes collecting our order, other times getting it delivered. Delivery times were sometimes lengthy but other than that no complaints. Unfortunately my latest encounter with a staff member when ringing to politely find the location of our takeaway, ordered 1.25hrs before, means I will never order from them again. First she couldn't find the order, then she screamed down the phone at me when I said that if it had not been prepared we'd rather not have it as we needed to be off out. The owner was patronising and self-important, lecturing me to let him speak without actually answering my questions or providing information. I explained that a little friendliness and customer care goes a long way to extend my patience and that they blew it! Never again! Blue Lake it is from now on!

3  Thank elpresidente1682
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We waited two hours for our order to turn up. When we politely rang up to ask about its location we got sworn at by the staff. Incredibly rude and made my girlfriend cry over the phone. We eventually agreed to pick up the order ourselves. When we arrived the food was stone cold. The man behind the counter was very aggressive and abusive. He refused to give us a discount then refused to give us the order completely. We will never be ordering here again. Better to go to Lee gardens or elsewhere.

1  Thank Jack H