We booked a 'special offer deal' through a travel website that offered a 4 star hotel and parking. The hotel name was not revealed until you booked and paid for the deal. As the hotel was less than 4 miles away with shuttle every 15 mins, we felt this was a very good deal We booked hotel and paking for 10 days on 11th February for 2 adults and a child at a cost of £69.. We paid £15 reurn for the shuttle - so £84 in all.
We arrived just in time as the Reception was empty and we checked in straight away. As there was a charge for WIFI, guests can use the computer and printer in reception. Within 30 minutes of us checking in, I went to Reception to use the Computer and the whole Reception area was packed. Yes this was the first day of half term - so expect Reception to be very busy during peak periods !! Room was a decent size with a double bed and sofa bed, which was fine for 13 year old son. Room and Bathroom were clean and warm. As the weather was awful - sleet and ice, we chose to eat in the hotel. It is recommended to book a table. We had a drink in the bar first which was extremely noisy due to the number of kids running around - which was disappointing.. But thenI blame the parents (!). You can eat in the bar which we were originally going to do, as the menu was cheaper - until we saw the amount of kids there (!). The restaurant was nice - kids under 14 ate for free - but the food choice was more for toddlers or young children.. Fish fingers, chicken nuggets, pizza, chips etc... So disappointing - why do hotels/restaurants not offer the adult menu at a discounted price ??!! Not all kids want to eat junk food ! We chose the set menu at £20 per person for 3 course meal and the food was good, although not a huge choice. More options on the main menu but not excessive and quite expensive. Driinks were exceptionally expensive.
Shuttle sevice to the airport was efficient on both journeys - although agan we were lucky with the times we were using the bus as I can imagine reception being very busy at certain times.. That said, the buses do run every 15 mins so there should be a quick turnaround.. On our return, we handed our card in at Reception and car keys were handed to us - very quick and easy.. Would certainly use this hotel again if we got a similar deal to this one..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport combines an excellent range of facilities and services for both the business and leisure travellers, including High Speed Internet Access, Conference and Banqueting facilities (for up to 120 delegates). Why not book Park, Stay and Go next time you fly from Gatwick. Click here.The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport offers Exclusive Airport Parking / Long term parking packages with accommodation known as Park, Stay and Go packages. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is ideally located at Jct 9a of the M23 and with easy links to the M25, A23 and A217, as well as being only half a mile from Gatwick Airport (with a shuttle bus running 24 hours everyday) and close to Manor Royal Industrial Estate. London is easily accessible from the Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport via the Gatwick Express to London Victoria leaving every 30 minutes. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is an ideal choice if you are looking to stay in an Airport Hotel or looking for a hotel in one of the surrounding areas, for example, in Brighton, Surrey or even a London.Kids Eat & Stay Free**Terms and Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, IHG, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Hotel Horley
- Gatwick Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Horley
- Horley Holiday Inn