Heathrow Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 69*
USD 65*
USD 78*
  • Pool
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
USD 79*
USD 90*
USD 80*
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Worst hotel ever! Arrived to be greeted by a rude manager! Checked in to be told to cross the road for our room. Building was of open access to the public. VERY unsafe as the room had a door that didn't lock leading to the road! Loose wires with no plug! Cheap and close to airport but don't book it! You'd rather be safe than sorry!!

Stayed: September 2015
7  Thank Ayesha S
Reviewed 22 September 2015

The hotel is rather basic, hence the affordable rates, but if you have an early morning flight from Heathrow Terminal 5 and you don't live close by, you can get a few hours of sleep here and be at the airport on time. I arrived after midnight and left after 4am and even at those times you can catch the local bus 423 right from outside the terminal and the hotel, the distance is just 5 minutes/one stop. The decoration in the room looks half finished, but for a few hours sleep, I didn't really need any more.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2015

The only good thing about this place is that it was cheap! I had a tiny single room in a house down the road. The light over the sink did not work and the one tiny drawer in the room was broken. There was nowhere to put my bags.The shared bathroom had a shower that only flowed very weakly. There was no TV, no free wi fi or no coffee making gear in my room. Going to the bathroom in the night I had to go and close the front door that had been left wide open . There is no breakfast, not even to purchase. The classiest thing about this place is the excellent minibus that it uses as a free shuttle to LHR . As I had read that you have to book the shuttle as you check in, I had booked it for 7:30 the next morning. However, when the shuttle arrived at 7:30 the driver informed the two ladies and two other gents waiting that only one person had booked it. And that was not me. He was adamant that none of us could use the shuttle as none if us had booked it. We all went into reception to argue about this. The guy behind the desk could not produce the sheet I had filled in at check in which I knew had my request for the 7:30 shuttle on it ! Eventually after about 10 minutes of arguing the driver let the 5 of us into the finest shuttle I have ever been in, and I've been in a great number, and drove us to LHR. Needless to say no one tipped the driver, the first time that I have ever not tipped a hotel shuttle driver. It will be back to another place to stay overnight near LHR next time

Room Tip: choose another place!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank George T
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I chose this hotel primarily for its location which is 1.5km from Terminal 5 where the red London bus, number 423 bus starts. Get off at the first stop and walk back 150 yards to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle from the hotel. I had used this hotel before some 5 years ago and rates are not expensive so you don’t get much. That visit was in the MAIN HOTEL and adequate, although I had to ask the reception staff to keep their voices down late at night. On my recent 2015 solo visit I asked for the cheapest room as I only planned one night with 6am shuttle to Terminal 4. I was directed down a side street, Heathrow Close, where I had been allocated a room in a converted terraced house. The door key-card worked intermittently, there was only one dim lamp in the chandelier, the cold water tap in the shared bathroom did not work. I reported all these faults which were quickly remedied. The room had a cupboard, single bed, a chair, and a bedside table. For that price there was no TV, coffee, kettle, nothing. Off-site rooms are alright for men, one night, but these cheap rooms are not suitable for ladies . The Kings Arms, over the road from Heathrow Lodge, served a good dinner and pint for a reasonable price. Within sight of the Lodge, visitors to Britain may be surprised to see thatched cottages and old the White Horse Pub in this village in Greater London.
There are no big shops or banks nearby but MacDonald café is 10 mins walk on 423 bus route or get on the bus to go 7 miles east to Hounslow for the nearest Lloyds bank and department stores.
In summary: Fairly cheap, not that cheerful but adequate, good location and transport excellent for early flights.

Room Tip: Choose room well away from reception area, off site rooms MAY be quieter but my off-site room was Spartan, see my review.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

It's a ghost motel.. enough said. Creepy rooms, when we first arrived, there's a lady complaining about a guy sleeping in her supposed booked room. Closed toilet with broken showerhead in the shower toilet.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends