“You get what you pay for!!”
Review of Heathrow Lodge

Heathrow Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 21 September 2015

The only good thing about this place is that it was cheap! I had a tiny single room in a house down the road. The light over the sink did not work and the one tiny drawer in the room was broken. There was nowhere to put my bags.The shared bathroom had a shower that only flowed very weakly. There was no TV, no free wi fi or no coffee making gear in my room. Going to the bathroom in the night I had to go and close the front door that had been left wide open . There is no breakfast, not even to purchase. The classiest thing about this place is the excellent minibus that it uses as a free shuttle to LHR . As I had read that you have to book the shuttle as you check in, I had booked it for 7:30 the next morning. However, when the shuttle arrived at 7:30 the driver informed the two ladies and two other gents waiting that only one person had booked it. And that was not me. He was adamant that none of us could use the shuttle as none if us had booked it. We all went into reception to argue about this. The guy behind the desk could not produce the sheet I had filled in at check in which I knew had my request for the 7:30 shuttle on it ! Eventually after about 10 minutes of arguing the driver let the 5 of us into the finest shuttle I have ever been in, and I've been in a great number, and drove us to LHR. Needless to say no one tipped the driver, the first time that I have ever not tipped a hotel shuttle driver. It will be back to another place to stay overnight near LHR next time

Room Tip: choose another place!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank George T

Reviewed 16 September 2015

I chose this hotel primarily for its location which is 1.5km from Terminal 5 where the red London bus, number 423 bus starts. Get off at the first stop and walk back 150 yards to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle from the hotel. I had used this hotel before some 5 years ago and rates are not expensive so you don’t get much. That visit was in the MAIN HOTEL and adequate, although I had to ask the reception staff to keep their voices down late at night. On my recent 2015 solo visit I asked for the cheapest room as I only planned one night with 6am shuttle to Terminal 4. I was directed down a side street, Heathrow Close, where I had been allocated a room in a converted terraced house. The door key-card worked intermittently, there was only one dim lamp in the chandelier, the cold water tap in the shared bathroom did not work. I reported all these faults which were quickly remedied. The room had a cupboard, single bed, a chair, and a bedside table. For that price there was no TV, coffee, kettle, nothing. Off-site rooms are alright for men, one night, but these cheap rooms are not suitable for ladies . The Kings Arms, over the road from Heathrow Lodge, served a good dinner and pint for a reasonable price. Within sight of the Lodge, visitors to Britain may be surprised to see thatched cottages and old the White Horse Pub in this village in Greater London.
There are no big shops or banks nearby but MacDonald café is 10 mins walk on 423 bus route or get on the bus to go 7 miles east to Hounslow for the nearest Lloyds bank and department stores.
In summary: Fairly cheap, not that cheerful but adequate, good location and transport excellent for early flights.

Room Tip: Choose room well away from reception area, off site rooms MAY be quieter but my off-site room was...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

It's a ghost motel.. enough said. Creepy rooms, when we first arrived, there's a lady complaining about a guy sleeping in her supposed booked room. Closed toilet with broken showerhead in the shower toilet.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank kragoJDL
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I booked this room not reading the reviews. The whole place is a mess, when i goat arrived i usef the bathroom in the main building that had a shower with no head. I then mentioned this to the receptionist who told me not to worry as we was staying in another building. She then processed to walk us across the street and down which i can only decribe as brookeside close. We was then walked in to a house that had been converted in to different rooms. The rooms however where a joke two beds with mismatch bedding and a chair one plug socked with grotty nets and curtains. The room looked like it hasn't been cleaned in year cobwebs marks on floor And a smell that is indescribable. The area was much to be desired strange people lottering around. I would not stay here again if someone paid me stay away.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels in the past, but none worse than this, we were put in a house, sharing with benefit claimants, 1 grubby shower between 8 of us, room filthy, under Heathrow flight path, only good point, pub opposite, sky Sports, good pint and great reasonably priced food

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
0.6 km away
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!