2,973 results
All reviewssports barthe club loungeindoor pooltwo double bedshoppa busholiday extrasindian restaurantcar parkclose to the airporthatton crossan early flightdays parkingfamily roombath roadbooked this hotelstayed for one nightovernight stay
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We booked the club room with Valet Parking via Holiday extras, which was a good deal for the cost. Club was not worth the money, as the wine was poor and the happy hour (free beer) was from 6pm - 8pm only. The room was average, with no view of the runway. The restaurants were overpriced and average too

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jofayerty
SheratonSkyline, General Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Jofayerty,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow. However, we are very concerned that the hotel club lounge failed to live up to your expectations and we will share your feed back with our F&B team. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hayes.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My second stay at the Skyline was as disappointing as my first. So I suppose I have no one else to blame but myself. But one expects hotels to improve, unfortunately this one hasn't. Apart from the noise of the AC in the bedroom (which only function seemed to be to make noise as it neither cools nor heats) the highlight was the sign outside the restaurant saying 'restaurant closed, lunch available at Starbucks'. What is the point staying in a 4 star hotel and having to endure Starbucks coffee and a microwaved pre-packed toasted sandwich for lunch. This is 'hospitality' at its worst. The meeting facilities were drab and joyless, the bedroom tired, the F&B outlets ridiculous - the Indian restaurant, ironically called Madhouse, seemed like the only place I could have breakfast. If ever a hotel needs dragging out of its 1980's time warp this is it. Hopefully the Skyline occupies the site of the 3rd runway, just in case I go mad and am tempted to stay there again.
Incidentally we walked across the carpark to the Marriott and had a great lunch in their restaurant - I wish I'd gone there for breakfast......and my meeting.....and coffee. In fact I wish I'd stayed there.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Gaiscioch

Dear Gaiscioch,

Firstly, we are incredibly sorry for the reasons that have led you to provide a less than satisfactory review. We regret to hear that your stay on this occasion was not all it could have been and would welcome the opportunity to speak to your personally that we can restore your faith. If you could kindly contact our Front Office Manager, Shailender Kapoor at Skylinereview@Sheraton.com and share your detailed experience. This will help us to investigate the case.

Once again I am truly sorry and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here during our 12 hr layover from Lisbon to Lax. Our friend who is a club member booked this hotel thats why our room was upgraded and we had access to the club lounge. The hotel is obviously dated but our room and bathroom was very spacious which is not too common in European hotels. The room has mini ref and hot kettle with coffee and tea packs.
We had a good nights sleep and was able to get breakfast before leaving for the airport at the club lounge. It offers a good selection of English breakfast and drinks.
The location is close to the airport. We had to take the Hoppa bus from the airport for £5 per person. The downside was it may take a while to arrive and there is also waiting time before it leaves and several stops. It did not help that it was raining and cold at the open bus stop. So the next day the four of us decided to take an uber for £25 which only took 15mins to the airport.
Overall we had a pleasant overnight stay and would consider coming back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gsl_9292013
SheratonSkyline, General Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Gsl_9292013,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and an enjoyable relaxing time in our Club Lounge. Currently we are also looking into ideas to refresh our property to better your experience.

Thank you for choosing us while in London and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a good week ahead,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Having been provided wrong information from their concierge on how to get to the hotel I explained this to the Front Office Manager (FOM). I explained the loss of time and cost to him along with my disappointment, and although feigning some sympathy and verbal apology did nothing to compensate or “turn around” my stay.

I called about a week in advance on the best way to get to the hotel. Concierge advised me to just catch the “free” bus numbered 285 or 423 when I exit left out of the underground. Trusting that information I did so, which would have put me a couple of miles out in the wrong direction.

The bus was not free either, which I was not prepared for. Concierge had failed to provide accurate information and had failed to provide enough information and communicate clearly to me to ensure that I would get to the hotel.

Providing one last opportunity for the FOM on check out to discount a £4.50 ticket that was charged to my bill, he refused. Being a Director of Operations in a #1 TripAdvisor hotel, I found this service disappointing. They took no responsibility for providing me incorrect information and the FOM found it necessary to argue with me about how it was solely my responsibility.

Regardless of actions I could have undertaken to ensure a smoother transit - which by the way, on the first 423 bus I boarded (the bus driver didn’t seem to think that the Sheraton Skyline was even a place he would pass, even when I showed him a map) - Sheraton Skyline Management failed to own any responsibility and couldn’t forfeit a mediocre £4.50 to turn my disappointment around - something that my hotel wouldn’t even hesitate to do. Good hospitality is about understanding and receiving your guests like you would your own family, doing everything in your power to ensure they leave satisfied and wanting to come back again - this is not the case for me.

Aside from that, front office staff were helpful and pleasant. The from desk agent said that they’d personally extend the Club Lounge buffet for me, which either didn’t happen or they did not extend it long enough for me to get there.

Service at the restaurant was alright. There was a pool and bar that I did not use. The room and hotel was a little outdated but clean and for the most part had stable internet.

I was given Club Lounge access with my SPG gold membership. The lounge was in dire need of repair and upkeep. The free beers and buffet at 6-8pm would have been nice to enjoy had I not been taken on a detour.

Tap water smells of 10% chlorine. Bottled water is provided if your on the club floor.

The perks of the hotel are nice if you’re given club access but probably not worth the price of the upgrade.

Don’t think I will come back unless they train their staff and managers how to resolve problems in a better way.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine Y

Dear Lorraine Y ,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your review in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, sadly we have fallen short on our goal during your recent visit with us. Thank you for your detailed comments - we are taking on-board your feedback with our management team.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to London.

Have a great week ahead.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Begin with, they said on the website that they had airport shutter and it was not true, I paid #5, the room was not clean, one of the restaurants, they did not let us in. I spoke with the manager and he did not pay attention to me.Not recommended.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear pedy3,

Thank you for writing your review in regards to your recent visit at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have passed your feedback to the relevant department Directors and in terms of transportation the shuttle service is managed by Hallmark and the information is on our website.

I hope we will have the opportunity to better your experience in the near future.

Have a lovely weekend ahead.

Warmest regards