Review Highlights

Reviewed 11 July 2017
Joan S
via mobile
Not Good

Pontins has very dirty rooms as i experienced when i found ANTS under my pillow. I was very upset... read more

Reviewed 26 May 2017
flyboyuk976
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I’m just home from a weeks holiday at the Southport resort! I am utterly appalled at the fact that I paid £789 to sleep in a run down resort! I know it was supposed to be “basic” but what I witnessed was far from basic. Does the stay at these resorts not include the apartment to be cleaned at least once ? I had To get on my hands and knees and brush the floor with a dustpan and brush, then go over it with detol and a cloth to wash it after as there was no brush or nothing to clean the floor with. Every dish in the cupboard when we arrived was dirty and our bathroom sink was filled with dirty water as the stopper was stuck, no one came to sort the issue so my partner had to empty it with a cup and we couldn’t use it as the stopper was stuck.
Bedding was included as we were club, but 1 sheet each for a week?
Also we were half board, the food was horrible we had cereal every morning and tried dinner twice and couldn’t stomach it, were told their was a kids selection .. there was not a kids selection!! We were also given a slot time for our food a HALF HOUR time slot we had between 5:45 and 6:15 for dinner!
I had seen a lot of bad reviews and tried my best to ignore and go with an open mind, which I did, I didn’t complain to anyone on the resort as I reported my sink and nothing was done about it, every time I went back after to the service room to get it seen to the que was a mile long ( clearly I wasn’t the only one with problems)!!
How you can justify charging a family that price for this type holiday is beyond me. Pity I didn’t read reviews before I booked!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived on Monday and left after 1 hour. What a dump, it's run down and disputing. A one room apartment with two single beds which I would not even let my dog sleep in if I had one, a pvc sofa in the living room which was broken and was to be used as the master bed. The room smelt of something like a dead animal. The management are no help and leave you waiting for 45 minutes standing at reception. While I was waiting the amount of completes where unbelievable. Don't waste your money, stear clear of this holiday Park. Haven is a lot nicer and better service all round. Now let's see if I get a refund.

Date of experience: July 2017
6  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for a short break with my two younger children. Never Again.
Other guests have no respect for other families and when you try to contact people to help because your younger daughter is crying because she can't sleep due to foul language, Loud banging and loud music, no one answers the phone.

Steer Clear!

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was very upset :(

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank flyboyuk976
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We came men as part of a large group all attending the local rugby festival over teh Bank Holiday weekend at Southport RFC .After reading the other reviews we weren't expecting anything great but teh tour was booked and paid for and there was no backing out. Thankfully our room wasn't as bad as some reviewers have described. Externally the place is dated and a bit naff. The rooms were functional if not top spec , all I would really complain about is the cleanliness . Whilst our bathroom and kitchen area were clean. You really had to wipe your feet on the way out rather than on the way in. We had bedding provided with brand new linen but our tour operators had advised to bring a sleeping bad and pillow (A good call) as the pillows provided were next to useless to support your head. The brand new linen was like paper but it was new. We didn't have much time to use all the facilities (pool, play park etc) but the kids did enjoy their stay there and we also managed to use just £5 worth of electricity tokens for our full three nights stay! (No cooking,no heating used and the lights switched off, well we are all Yorkshire folk.

Date of experience: May 2017