1,322 results
All reviewspacific restaurantcorner studiocoffee machinethe penthousecocktail barlord streetboutique hotelhuge bedlovely hotelsteam roomstandard roomfunction roomlovely roomvisiting southportevening mealvaletwedding
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed a few hours of choosing cocktails from the extensive menu. It did not disappoint the attention to detail was definetly for the connoisseur of cocktails. Not too expensive either and the atmosphere is secluded and feels like you are being very naughty. Will definitely be back for more.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2015

The Vincent is well located in the center of town, within walking distance of the pedestrian mall. Self-parking is available at nearby paid lots as is valet parking. The restaurant in the hotel is one of the best in town with a nice menu including Japanese items; reservations highly recommended. Same location provides the excellent English breakfast with cooked to order items as well as buffet. Rooms are large and the straight down shower is refreshing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front (Lord St) may get a bit of noise despite the large movable wall covering for the windows.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2015

My partner and I stayed at the Vincent hotel as part of party of 7 who'd travelled there for our work's Christmas swizz. My Managing Director had stayed here previously and really rated it for quality.
Upon arrival we stopped our car right outside the front of the hotel and were just about to get our bags out when a very friendly guy (member of staff) came over and offered to carry our bags in for us. Once at reception I asked if the car could be valet parked and we checked in. The guy that had carried our bag came up with us in the lift and showed us to our room. Once inside he explained how the sliding window shutter worked and also showed us the switches for the heated towel rail, the demister for the bathroom mirror and also the heating/cooling system for the room.
The room itself was beautiful and very spacious with a huge comfortable bed and the added touch of a Nespresso machine (my favourite). The bathroom was very contemporary and spotlessly clean with every amenity that you could want. As my husband and I like a few pillows each I rang down to reception to ask for some more which were promptly delivered to our room. Once we had unpacked we decided to meet some other members of our party down in the bar. The bar area had a great atmosphere and was trendy without being pretentious. We all felt very relaxed and enjoyed a drink before heading back to the room to get ready.
We all thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas party night that evening, the Abba tribute band and the subsequent disco were absolutely fantastic!! The food was delicious and all freshly prepared. The roast potatoes and gravy were the best I've ever had!! All in all a FABULOUS night!!!
We all had a great nights sleep and were all ready for breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was gorgeous with an abundance of choice and something for everyone. I ordered poached eggs and had them with sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms & beans all of which were of a fantastic quality, in particular the sausages which were out of this world!!!
When we returned to our room to pick our bags up I rang down to reception to ask for our car to be brought round. When we ventured down to reception some 10 minutes later the car was there waiting for us. £15 well spent I'd say, especially as it was beginning to rain!!!
In all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family alike. Every member of staff that we encountered during our stay was friendly and very accommodating. This boutique hotel is absolutely fantastic and a real credit to it's owners and all the staff who work there :)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Our work's Christmas do was intended to be a rather fantastic night out at the Vincent; three course meal and Abba tribute band - that rather immediately put me off but thought it would be a laugh so ... sold a kidney to pay for the event, frocked up and bought a handbag to dance round. Well, the night started 'well', as I was driving, asked for a lime and soda, no lime as they had run out so had a soda which they tried to charge me £2.25 for! Eventually the starters came out, my choice was curried parsnip soup - no curry and tepid, grainy liquid. Oh well, looking forward to the main of mushroom ravioli.... unrecognisable as a pile of barely cooked lasagne sheets arrived (please note there is a difference between al dente and hard!) with quite clearly a tin of condensed mushroom soup stirred in. :Luckily they had hidden it underneath a hay stack of rocket, which was quite delicious. Once I had managed to rid my mouth of the claggy mess of the first mouthful I decided not to risk another. Desert eventually arrived a 10.20 and but I was too depressed by this point to work my way through a chocolate brick. Never mind, the band would surely lighten the evening ... not so much Bjorn Again as recently deceased and exhumed. I counted my losses and, despite the fabulous company, took my frock and handbag off to a local club to watch a fantastic band and drink lime and soda (45p and it contained lime). Sorry Vincent, you may be the favoured club of the local rich and quasi famous, but I won't bother again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
9  Thank Cazza196650
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

My second visit and once again it was a lovely lunch. Beautiful food, great service and good value. Couldn't fault the whole experience. Staff wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. Can't wait to return

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple