1,320 results
All reviewspacific restaurantcorner studiocoffee machinethe penthousecocktail barlord streetboutique hotelhuge bedlovely hotelsteam roomstandard roomfunction roomlovely roomvisiting southportevening mealvaletwedding
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Check in was excellent. Staff is well trained. Front desk and bellmen on top of everything. Breakfast buffet included. Rooms are well appointed for England. Not much clothes space. A little drawback when staying a week. Bathrooms well done. Shower is tricky getting in and out. High. Wood steps to get in. Large bath towels. Rooms are good size. Other than storage it's a great location and a good choice. Modern. The hotel restaurant service at night is not good. Food is fine. It may be a third party.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ed G
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Just had a couple of nights here at The Vincent.
Everything about the stay was wonderful. From arrival to check out we could not find any faults. The room overlooked a lovely fountain area with great views of Lord Street. It has everything you need, the bed the comfiest ever. Lovely bathroom with excellent shower. The V cafe/restaurant serves the best food around. All the staff work very hard to make your stay perfect. Great buffet breakfast and afternoon tea. (Diet starts today) :-)
The lovely Vbar is so well stocked and what an excellent barman Darren is. What he doesn't know about mixing drinks isn't worth knowing.
My wife had a 45 min facial massage and said the treatment and rooms are just wonderful. (Thank you Emmi. :-)
i'd like to thank all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We will certainly be back soon.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 888ajp
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We stumbled on this bar/restaurant by accident on a whistle stop walk around Southport after a wasted trip to Blackpool airshow...we got stuck in a two hour traffic jam and missed it :( This place more than made up for it though.
My husband persuaded me to try sushimi which I have always been scared of, but now I'm converted, it was delicious and served so beautifully. Both our main meals were brilliant too, I had the tuna and poached egg salad, understated description because it was incredibly flavoursome and cooked to my own request. Hubby had the hake which was equally good. After such great meals we had no choice but to try a pudding, I don't normally but needed to see how good that was too...stick toffee pud, fantastic!
Pity we live in Leicester or we would be regulars for sure...even so I think we will be back. Great service too, not too in your face but always there when your glass or plate is empty. Would like to try the hotel out.
Thankyou :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missfishlash
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Went on a whim when walking past at the back of the town hall in Liverpool.last Saturday.a truly amazing location and interior was stunning.waiting on staff really good .I had the burger my husband had the spatchock chicken with parmersan fries .food really good.I work in the same workplace like this as manager.it was a really good place to go with friends and family I was really impressed.I will be visiting again soon .staff were really lovely

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanette H
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We called over for breakfast after we had stayed the night at another hotel. We didn't want breakfast where we had stayed and had been recommended the Vincent by a friend. We both had egg benedict and it was extremely tasty. Sarah has a gluten intolerance and the kitchen were happy to put gluten free bread on instead of the regular muffin. Not too over priced either. My other half and I will be booking to stay there soon.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends