4,611 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I went in a group of 6 to a 1980’s weekend as one of my friends loves one of the acts that was performing.

We knew it was going to be of a low standard but we weren’t prepared for what this place was like.

When you drive up the whole site looks derelict. It’s the peeling paint on every wall and fence that makes it look so.

Check in was ridiculous. You’re spoken to like an idiot. Thinking about it, I suspect that most of the ‘guests’ fall into this bracket judging by the behaviour.

Nothing prepared us for the state of the room. We had paid extra for 2 ground floor apartments. What we actually got was one above the other. At least half our group hadn’t got too much noise overhead. The apartments were disgusting. Dirty, peeling paint, the toilet didn’t flush in the one I was staying in. There was a leak in the bathroom that soaked the floor. The TV didn’t work. The electric heating cost £15 to run over 36 hours. The few kitchen utensils were filthy and unusable. I actually boiled water to try to sterilise the cups & spoons, so we could at least have a hot drink. The two single beds had stains, including blood on the mattresses. Everything smelled of damp & ancient ashtray. My clothes absolutely reek & are being aquatinted with the washing machine & dry cleaners. The biggest joke was a note saying that we had been provided with extra bin bags and the apartment was to be left the way we found it, which included washing up. The stairs to the apartment were dangerous. The handrail was held together with black tape. The wooden railings in front of the doors were broken in places & there were planks of untreated wood patching up the breaks. I’m sure there must be a huge breach of health & safety regulations happening.

We did get the toilet fixed by maintenance, but there was absolutely nothing else that could be done to the rest of the apartment other than knocking it down.

There public areas are a disgrace. Unkept is an understatement. The Pontins website says that there has been some investment in this site. That is either a total lie or the visitors have trashed the new facilities within months.

Any of the food available on site is of very low quality. One of my friends was ill on the second day because of it. The bars are understaffed and under stocked. They make you stand in a line to get served. Obviously, on a busy adults only weekend you can stand in line for about an hour. I’m amazed that so many people were totally off their faces so quickly, but I expect that was because they had ignored the rule about not taking drinks purchased elsewhere into the entertainment venue. I saw people with whole packs of beer cans staggering about. Classy! There was no ice for drinks, they ran out of mixers & had to buy cans from somewhere and there was no water available.

The clientele was pretty basic & had been encouraged to dress up. Sports on the first night & World Book Day the next. Laughable considering that most people there only ever watch sport on TV & reading consists of glancing at a tabloid from a great distance. The behaviour was appalling considering most people were of a certain age. Shouting & beating each other’s door down was a 24 hour a day pass time. Seeing 50+ year olds doing the walk of shame is enough to make most people’s stomach churn.

The actual standard of entertainment was pretty poor. The headline act was on for 30 minutes. We had stayed a whole weekend for my friend to see him. If it wasn’t for the fact that she’s such a fan & it made her birthday weekend complete we would have left immediately after seeing how awful this place is.

I don’t know how anyone could take their children to somewhere so revolting. A better, safer option would be to go camping or have a staycation.

I won’t be going again, neither will my friends.

Pontins should be bulldozed.

10  Thank Kim S
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Southport Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the 80s weekender. If I could please ask the lead name to contact our Guest Solutions Team within 28 days of departure at (guestsolutions@pontins.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response. For full details please click on the link https://www.pontins.com/contact-us/

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

So 16 of us tottered off to Pontins after having read all the reviews....we arrived and yes outside on the drive up it look horrendous (make it look more inviting Britannia) then we got to our chalet......and yes it looks like a concentration camp but this place was built in the 70’s so what do people expect. We showered and slept in our rooms....yes there was mould, yes there was a few undesirable smells, but we had hot water and somewhere to kip....we paid £60 you get what you pay for....I wouldn’t come back with a family but group of girls yes.

Security were fantastic especially Joe who was always polit and friendly bar could of been more organised but was reasonable. The entertainment was great see you again Pontins

1  Thank Sonno69

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Southport Pontins. I am concerned to learn of the few issues you mention. I have noted these concerns and will ensure to pass them over to the management team at Southport for them to review. I am glad however that you will return in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 474 0009.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We've just returned from a weekend at Pontins and I can honestly say that the accommodation is embarrassing. If the manager of Pontins reads this, please go and visit room 410 and have a look at what you are letting people pay to stay in. Ask yourself if you would spend a night in that room.
Never in my life have I had to go out and buying cleaning products to make it liveable. Never have I ever had to buy duvets as the ones in the rooms as so thin and dirty you wouldn't let a dog use it.
The rooms were so cold during our stay that the floors were constantly wet. The windows were taped shut with masking tape and stuffed with tissues.
The cutlery was dirty.
The beds stained.
The windows were disgusting.
Holes in the doors
No doors on wardrobes.
The food in the restaurant was cold and tasteless....
I could go on....
We stayed here as a group on an 80s weekend and so put up with it. But if you are a family and this is your holiday I would get a refund.
Yes it's cheap. But you are not getting what you pay for. You are not getting anything but itchy skin and a cold.
Such a shame as the entertainment was absolutely brilliant. The staff were great and the 80s weekend was amazing.
However from looking at previous reviews and management responses they clearly do not take feedback seriously or have any intention of rectifying the issue with the rooms.
Renovations are needed before you can legitimately allow people to pay to stay here.
Rant over!!!

5  Thank ToriaJ1

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have personally forwarded your comments over to the manager at Southport for her to review the concerns you mention. I can assure you that we take every review seriously and use the feedback provided to improve the experience for our guest's where possible. I am disappointed however that we did not deliver on this occasion.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The event itself was great amazing dancers and schools attended, great judges, wonderful trophies, amazing dancers and so was a great weekend, yes it was cold, -2 and yes some parts bit scruffy, but the venue the dance competitions was in was always warm and nice room. Some of the reviews i think maybe a bit over the top. 5 STAR for the event and the venue it run in, but 3 Star for Accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Southport Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write an overall good review of our Holiday Park. I am pleased that you were able to have an enjoyable time with us for the Street Dance Championships. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pontins in the future. For the best available deals on direct bookings please call our sales centre on 0871 474 0009.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My family arrived on Monday 9th February for a four night break. On arrival at the gate we were told that the site had overbooked and we would need to see reception for a refund. This turned out to be an attempt at humour and a good sense of humour is what is required if you plan to stay here. I picked up the welcome pack and went looking for the apartment. I found dirt and rubbish littering the run down, poorly maintained buildings, children kicking balls against apartment windows helpfully explaining that we shouldn’t mess with them as they are ‘hard’! I looked around apartment and it’s surroundings which reminded me of a rough council estate and decided I was not willing to put my children through this. My wife felt intimidated and would not leave the safety of our car whilst I asked management for a refund. I was not given a refund only an email address and ref. No to contact. The manager Alena offered alternative accommodation but having surveyed the whole site there was no alternative that would have lived up to my most basic expectations. Pontins has since apologised for the conditions of the park but will not offer any refund even though they could not provide what they advertised and sold to me. I feel thoroughly cheated and ripped off, you would have to pay me to stay there! It is no wonder that you can only complain by email, they must receive thousands and it is so convenient to copy and paste a poorly written apology rather than try and solve a problem. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ☹️☹️☹️☹️

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Dave O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Southport Holiday Park and thank you for contacting our Guest Solutions team with your concerns. I can assure you that we at Pontins take our guest feedback very seriously and as such we will use both the feedback from your review and complaint email to improve the level of service we offer our guests. I am disappointed however that we did not deliver on this occasion.