“Top fish n chips”

Cheshire Lines Inn
Ranked #6 of 398 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: USD 0 - USD 12
Cuisines: British
Description: In a heritage building a hop, skip and a jump from the iconic Lord Street, Southport is a true mecca for food lovers. Combining a beautiful setting with a magical ambiance, it houses a traditional roaring fire, cosy snug areas and a sun-dappled secret garden.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited Southport for a day out on Good Friday, being by the sea we fancied fish n chips but a lot of cafes were closed... worked out as would rather have eaten here. Best Fish & Chips I've had in a long time. Friendly staff and nice couple of pints as well. I'd definitely visit again.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visited this pub on recommendation, had a lovely meal. We were staying on the caravan site nearby and this was probably about the closest pub. Friendly staff with good food and drinks at reasonable prices.........just our sort of place :)

Date of visit: April 2018
Vici B, Manager at Cheshire Lines Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for visiting us, and for also leaving us such positive feedback.
We hope you visit us again next time you are in Southport, and of course bringing with you our furry friend.

Many thanks again

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent meal in such a historic venue ; lovely friendly atmosphere. Nice garden area to the rear of pub

Date of visit: March 2018

We absolutely love the history of our pub, and can't wait for a great summer in our new secret garden, I'm so happy you got to experience both of these.
Many thanks for your custom & we hope to see you again very soon

Many thanks

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Food ok but very smoky fire which spoiled the experience. Staff very pleasant but wouldn’t go again in the winter.

Date of visit: November 2017

I am so sorry that you had to experience such a smoky fire, our fire is normally roaring, and a much talked about feature of our pub. You will be pleased to hear that our fire is now off due to the spring weather and the gates to our secret garden are now open.

Please visit again soon

Many thanks

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I heard through the grapevine that The Cheshire Lines served great food at very reasonable prices. I have been there any times before to watch live bands, but never to eat. I am glad I did. For starters my friend and myself had the garlic bread with mushroom and for the main I had beef stroganoff and my friend had the battered cod. All food served was well presented, well cooked and delicious. Special mention must go to Mark for his great sense of humour, friendliness and attentiveness throughout the evening, must be a Scouser, thanks Mark, see you again soon....

Date of visit: March 2018