“Delicious food, great service!”
Review of Thai Rice

Thai Rice
Ranked #7 of 387 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My first ever visit to Southport, I chose Thai Rice because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed. Staff were very welcoming and drink order was taken promptly. I ordered vegetarian spring rolls and the green Thai chicken curry, both of which were delicious. I would definitely return if I ever found myself in Southport again!

2  Thank Sara1529

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We visited this hidden gem on Good Friday. We had decided to stop as we were driving home and it was dinner time.

We shared a set banquet and added a soup each to our order.

Flavour was superb, the soup was brilliant with plenty of fresh spice.

This was followed by a mixed platter.
The ribs were meaty and salt and pepper flavour was really nice; the prawn toast was astonishing, topped with actual prawn and not the pre-produced stuff that you can get in restaurants.

There were 3 mains:
1. This green curry which had a really smooth first flavour which was followed by some real heat
2. A beef dish which was tender and full of flavour
3. Sweet and sour pork. The pork was, again, tender and the batter was light

With this came noodles and rice. The rice was sticky and clumped like proper Asian rice should do (I have a bit of a thing about this in Asian restaurants).

Finish there was fresh fruit which cleansed the palate after all the spice.

The service was friendly and efficient. The right balance between chat and allowing you to enjoy your meal.

The restaurant is tastefully decorated and pleasant to be in.

Will make the effort to go back!

5  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

2nd time here food again fantastic. Had share starter really good . Had steak sizzler partner had scallops both meals fantastic. All staff polite and professional. Was out rushed at all.
Would defo go again

4  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We went before a theatre show as Thai rice was recommended to us. We ordered the sharing platter to start and followed up with 2 mains. 2 soft drinks and a single glass of wine later we were finished. The food was pleasant enough and plentiful but I wouldnt say we were overly impressed. The bill was over £60 which I thought was a bit expensive.

2  Thank 123shoes
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We ate at this restaurant during our first ever stay in Southport. We were shown to our table and then told we could have the table for 90 minutes!!
After perusing the menu we ordered our food. The sharing starter was brought out almost immediately, which was really nice. We had hardly put our cutlery down and the plates were cleared and in no time at all our main course was brought out, we would have preferred a little more of a break between the two courses. We ate our food which was again really nice and the bill was brought to our table, we paid and left. Although the food was very good we felt rushed so the experience was a little disappointing.

3  Thank Swansea W