1,760 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Absolutely terrible hotel - rooms really need updating, no hot water for shower or wash. Complained to staff & customer services but they said that's the problem with old buildings & lots of guests. Initially given a box of a room- supposedly a single room even though I'd paid for an executive twin. Oops there had been a mix up & given key to the correct room. I love character places but this hotel was really run down to say the least.

Room tip: Don't even try- isn't any
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tiggr66
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I and 2 friends have just returned from a 5 day break with National Holidays. Yes the Prince of Wales Hotel is in need of TLC however our room was very spacious , spotlessly clean and had a jacuzzi bath. The self service breakfasts were lovely with lots of choice for everyone and the evening meals were good . The evening entertainment in the ballroom was excellent too. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2018

The hotel is a little bit dated but our room was fine.Meals were self service, breakfast had all you could eat, evening dinner could have been a better standard but we never went hungry. Safety rail needed in bathroom when showering.

Room tip: room 116 was large, window was obscured so we couldnt see out.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

stayed here in July of last year. the rooms are dated and no work has been done in the building in a long time. At night over the weekend groups of teenagers were partying in the rooms. they kept comming in droves. Must of booked a couple of rooms and invited southport. definetly would not visit again

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nicola m
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Didn’t stay in the hotel as I was attending for an event so can’t comment on the rooms but I can comment on what I saw.
Firstly the car park - now I accept I drive a big car, I need it for carrying my stock but I have never had a problem parking it until I visited this hotel. After many manoeuvres I final got my car into a space (at times I had roughly 6” either end of my car to manoeuvre). Getting out was a repeat performance, if fact if the car behind hadn’t moved I would probably still be there now. Honestly it is the worst car park I’ve come across and yes I accept that when the hotel was built cars weren’t an issue but if you drive a big car I would really recommend finding somewhere else to park.
As for the interior of the hotel, or at least the bits I saw, the whole thing was dated. The ballroom, where our event was held, would have been stunning, in fact first impressions were good but once you started to look around you noticed just how tired it was and for me that’s sad as the room should have been a statement for the hotel if a little more care had been taken.
The staff I came across seemed as if they didn’t want to be there. Our lunch was supposed to have been served at 1pm but we didn’t get to eat until 1:40pm and I honestly felt as if we were putting the staff out. As for lunch, can’t fault the puddings as they really were delicious but the bread on the sandwiches was dry around the edges.
I can safely say that I will not consider attending another event at the hotel, unfortunately the car parking issues really did put me off. I do however hope that some money is put back into the hotel and the decor is returned to its former glory as it’s a crying shame to see it looking so tired.

Trip type: Travelled on business