“Exceptionally welcoming and very well presented food”
Review of Bistro Bar Med

Bistro Bar Med
Ranked #3 of 393 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: USD 20 - USD 46
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Awarded Best Restaurant in Southport for the last 7 consecutive years by tripadvisor and 5 star rating on "scores on the doors" by Sefton council for the last 13 consecutive years. We are specialized in Turkish and Greek mezzes as well as Spanish Tapas. We acommadate special dietary requirements, vegan ,gluten free, celiac ,lactose intolerance and vegetarian.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I recently visited here to catch up with a friend and I was very pleasantly surprised.

The service and welcome received from Gino was faultless - he was humorous and made us feel like regular and valued customers - he interacted throughout the meal in an unobtrusive but attentive manner.

I only wish I lived nearby as I would enjoy visiting regularly.

Thank you Gino!

3  Thank Graham K

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with friends and had a lovely meal. We went with some of the owners recommendations and were very glad we did. An unusual mix of tapas with the most fantastic bread and we all enjoyed it. Prices reasonable and our host was fantastic- will definitely be back.

1  Thank AndyEight
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What a find, one of our golf group booked this place as our evening meal following a great days golf in Formby. If you are looking for a place to eat with fantastic food, great service I would fully recommend this restaurant. Food is very well priced and wine even better, Gino did a brilliant job (as did all his team) looking after us. He recommended dishes based on our own preferences, and what recommendations they were. I would absolutely endorse a visit to this gem of a find. Thank Gino and your team

1  Thank Tullyuk
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I visited the Bistro with four fellow golfers on Saturday evening after a round in Formby. We had an excellent meal, great service; Gino is such a brilliant host. He made some excellent recommendations, was constantly visiting each table checking everyone was happy, all done with good humour. Good old fashioned service.
His recommended start of Mezze was perfect with lovely fresh warm bread. We shared 12 tapas dishes all really taster (but could have been slightly warmer?) We also drank 4 bottles of good wine and all this for £144. It is obvious that the values of good food and warm friendly service are alive and well in this special place in Southport.

2  Thank Yorktravels
Reviewed 25 March 2018

What can I say Gino? From the moment we walked into your cosy restaurant we were made to feel so welcome, the service was brilliant, the food amazing and the constant topping up of iced water was a great touch (certainly helped lessen the hangovers this morning) Thanks for a fantastic night from the girls and the lovely Irish lady x

1  Thank Chris J