All reviews plenty of secure parking fresh milk supplied room fridge perfect hosts full english breakfast spent nights yogurt tea and biscuits lovely place stay an extra night places to visit clean rooms set us up for the day short walk into tenby lovely weekend on arrival short break
Reviewed 22 May 2017

The last time I stayed in a B & B I was 12 years old ( now 77 ) so I arrived not quite knowing what to expect ! I can only say "Excellent" on meeting Angela and Andrew the hosts all doubts were gone they could not have been more welcoming and helpful.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable inc. a fridge with fresh milk, the home cooked breakfast was top class and a very good choice of food.
The location is well situated for Tenby and visits to other places of interest they have plenty of secure parking directly outside the rooms.
The cost of B & B for 3 nights at £240.00 was very good.
Thank you Angela and Andrew for a very pleasant few days,
Doreen and Arthur Barsby

Room Tip: All rooms were good.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur B
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I was made very welcome by Andrew on arrival.
My room was lovely, spotlessly clean with lots of coffee, tea and biscuits and fresh milk.
The room backs onto woodland and then a campsite.There was no noise and I slept like a log. When I lay on the bed all I could see was trees, it was lovely.
Breakfast was first class, just delicious and there was plenty of it.
Andrew told me about a walk down the peninsula which I did. It was fabulous , the views amazing and I stayed there for a couple of hours reading my book, watching the sea and enjoying the sunshine.
Unfortunately I was only here overnight, but having fallen in love with the area will return soon with my husband.
I wouldn't hesitate recommending Rose Cottage to anyone.
Ali

Room Tip: I was in room 2, but they all look lovely
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alison G
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Tenby for a long weekend. Yikes B&Bs so expensive £120 a night is the norm it seems. Found this one at £80 a night inclusive of breakfast for 2 people. Wife was unsure...I'm skinflinting as usual. Also it looked as if it were on a busy road, which it is. Well....It was quite superb - Yes its on a busy road but set back with a fine private car park in front separating us from the road. Couldn't hear any traffic. Novel and clever
layout. Andrew and Angela live on the two story house and adjoined to that is a long bungalow arrangement which has 4 en-suite bedrooms. Thats it. No carpets, nice clean wood floors and lovely clean fresh rooms with tv, kettle,coffee/tea, proper milk etc. Couldn't fault anything. Decor ..in the hallway perfumed with a display cabinet of beautiful hand-made soaps that Angela makes. The walls are decorated with paintings that artist Andrew creates. They are a lovely couple - easy to talk to too, interesting and they don't impose. Angela makes the nearest thing to a prize winning English breakfast, just enough and totally sans grease or oil. Serve yourself cereals, bananas, yogurts etc. Andrew is your waiter, attentive with follow up if anything needed. Beautifully peaceful sleep environment - however if you hear a light random hum - that's coz they have been kind enough to supply you with your own fridge. Switch it off after dark if you like - sorted ! Another nice feature is that you can come and go all day long, unlike other B&Bs, you've got your own 'bungalow' key.
Ask Andrew for info on the nearby lane, you can walk down to Tenby - 20 mins at a lazy pace. harder coming back up - but that's your exercise for the day done. We've been B&B'ing for many years - this is right up there... lovely hosts and great value.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We've just returned from a 3 night mini break for my 40th birthday.

We were in room 1 with our 7yr old twins. A very comfortable, clean and spacious room with a microwave and fridge. A lovely tea tray re-filled daily with various treats which the twins loved! Large bathroom with lots of soft towels and nice toiletries provided for guest use

Pleasant view overlooking the caravan/campsite behind which has a park for children and a pleasant 15 min walk down to Waterwynch beach (which offers a lovely alternative view of Tenby from a different angle). No road noise which was good. Ample parking too. Short walk to a well stocked McColls in New Hedges.

Breakfast was amazing. Lovely choice of (healthy) cereals, yoghurt and fruit. Baskets of toast which were refilled as required. Delicious and plentiful cooked breakfast which was served piping hot. (The mushrooms especially are wonderful!)

Angela and Andrew are fantastic hosts who made us feel very welcome and were so lovely to talk to. Nothing was too much trouble and you are made to feel very much at home.

We are really looking forward to booking again in the future.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

We had a great holiday here too.the cottage was decorated for Christmas with two trees,lights etc
Mince pies and cava on our arrival.the cottage is clean and comfortable with everything we needed for a great holiday
The family pub next door was a delight.we also returned to janes other house the Roses for Christmas as cottage was sadly booked.
Would definitely recommend rose cottage.hoping to return in near future.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends