All reviews sea view edwards coaches bowls tour coach trip grade listed building coach party wet room bar prices sea front breakfast and dinner entertainment every night on arrival overlooking the beach beer garden caldey island small room the cliff
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We booked the basement flat over the road, managed by the hotel, for 4 nights. It was clean and pleasant - they even power washed the steps before we arrived, which was really kiind, as we had an elderly gentleman with us (Granddad!)... Would definitely come again as the hotel staff were friendly and we could hear the waves crashing on the beach with our window open at night.

Date of stay: August 2018
clarhot, Front Office Manager at The Clarence House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I actually enjoyed that power wash!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I stay in plenty of hotels and usually chains or more top end rated.booking was easy and as the room was cheap I really didn’t expect much.i was running late for check in but the amazing young man on reception was so lovely and welcoming espeacially as it was after 10pm in a wet miserable Friday.He made me feel welcome and although I was late still gave me loads of information regarding facilities and local area. The room was basic but super clean and the sea view was beautiful ,the bathroom was plenty big enough and spotless with towels,flannels ,soap and stacks of toilet roll !!!
We asked for two extra pillows and a spare blanket as I was worried the room would be cold these were bought straightaway and were lovely. The bed was the most comfiest I’ve ever slept in and I’ve slept in super duper all singing dancing extra extra king size as claimed by othe hotels this was amazing I didn’t want to get out of it !!!
Hotel had bar,live entertainment,communal areas,lift,disabled access,and very friendly staff.Being right on the sea front we didn’t use the car all weekend it’s ridiculously close to town but not enough to be bothered by revellers just the sound of the tides turning .i could have stayed sat by window all day and night!
I will definitely be back and can quite honestly think of any improvements I would like to see.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy R

Thank you so much for your amazing review - we know we are only a two star hotel, but we really do try our best.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We spent a very enjoyable Friday night with good entertainment and good bar service followed by a hearty and tasty breakfast Saturday.
Our two clean and comfortable double rooms overlooked the sea and beach as requested.
Thank you once again Clarence House Hotel and to your staff who are all a credit to you.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CwmMassive

Thank you for your lovely review - much appreciated!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Spent 5 days at the Clarence. This was a full board package with a travel group. This was good value with reasonable food and clean accommodation. Staff were particularly friendly considering there work load.
Thanks to Hubert for that extra bit of entertainment.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

A group of 30 or so of us stayed at the Clarence during our visit to the area to play bowls. Whilst the hotel rooms are a bit dated and in need of modernisation they were comfortable, clean and perfectly satisfactory.
All the staff encountered were very friendly and helpful, drinks in the bar were very reasonably priced and the entertainment good.
The evening meal was of good quality and tasty and so was the breakfast. It’s location is first class right on the sea front. Parking available close by at maximum cost of £8.00 for 24 hours. Don’t park illegally you will be caught and fined.
All in all we enjoyed the hospitality here.