All reviews sea view edwards coaches bowls tour grade listed building coach trip coach party wet room bar prices sea front turkey and tinsel breakfast and dinner entertainment every night on arrival beer garden overlooking the beach the cliff caldey island
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I love the destination rooms are so snuggly And I love the sea room views Tenby is a beautiful town breakfast is great staff are very helpful and friendly and flexible I have stayed here many times very popular with coach trips the only problem is when it is fully booked

Room tip: Sea view rooms have stunning views,back rooms are cosy top floor rooms have less noise
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Chew0001
Reviewed 11 February 2018

this is a fantastic hotel in a first class position
the staff are really friendly and pleasant
breakfast and service cannot be faulted at all !!
i will definitely be going back to this hotel
you don,t have to go from the hotel to have a good time

Room tip: excellent sea view if you want one
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gwwhitelock
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve rated this hotel as very good for the following reasons - clean, friendly staff and central.

Now down to the nuts and bolts...

....if it’s sophisticated elegance you’re after this is not the place for you however if it’s gorgeous, sparkling clean , fresh cotton sheets on a mattress so comfortable my partner took a pic of the make so he could get one , or fantastically helpful , pleasant staff who can be bothered to spend the time of day with you, or a wonderful location close to everything including the sea then Clarence House Hotel IS the place for you!

My partner and I have stayed here on a number of occasions, the first time we laughed at all the quirky little things about the place, the sloping floors, the unusual bathroom set up ( a door handle for a toilet flush!!) but then we realised that actually this place is perfect for us ... the rooms really are very clean and a credit to the housekeeping staff.

We haven’t eaten here... we are chip fiends and the call of the local chippy is too hard for us to resist!! We haven’t used the bar either but it looks like a friendly enough place with more than reasonable prices ... happy hour lasted the whole weekend this weekend!!

Reception staff are knowledgable and approachable.

This place doesn’t pretend to be something it’s not and yes you do get coach parties but honestly we have only good things to say and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to anyone particularly at the current room rate.

We keep going back and we are picky ... could we get a loyalty card please??

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Cannot praise this hotel enough for many reasons . All staff were helpful, friendly and professional. Public areas were comfy and welcoming. Sunny reading lounge overlooking The Esplanade and views out to sea. Bar / entertainment room with dance floor and direct access to large enclosed walled garden. Some snacks available at the bar. Drinks very reasonable . Non residents use the bar and garden until early evening when it is residents only. Entertainment most nights. Enjoyable. Half board food was very good. Filling breakfast each morning. Three course meal available each night. I ordered my vegetarian option each morning. Enjoyed every meal. Hotel in beautiful town of Tenby , just outside the town walls on the Esplanade promenade , which overlooks South Beach. Opposite the hotel is their small paved garden area with tables where you can sit with a hot or cold drink and enjoy the wonderful uninterrupted view of Caldey Island. Our room was a small twin, clean , warm and comfortable. Opening door with the key could be difficult if you have dexterity problems. Decor needs a revamp but it is a beautiful hotel and I gave it full marks because of their help when my mother was taken ill one night. Phone for night porter next to lift. My mobile had no service. Peter , the night porter phoned an ambulance and could not have been more helpful to us. Hotel popular with coach groups, elderly residents and those with limited mobility. Although , young families were also there. A wonderful , traditional hotel with old fashioned charm and curtesy. We loved it.

Room tip: Rooms at the front of the hotels have incredible sea views
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank gaenorcherry
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Arrived with a group of 34 people for a T & T break. Miserable weather on journey so we were very pleased with the warm (in both senses) and enthusiastic welcome on arrival. The reception staff were very efficient and we all had our room keys in short order and luggage was delivered to the room promptly. This is not a 5 star hotel but the rooms were warm, well appointed and had all the facilities that were required, the only thing lacking was a room safe. Meals were served in a comfortable dining room and it was waiter(ress) service throughout. The food was excellent both in choice and quality and as "group leader" I think that the fact that I did not receive one complaint during the whole of our five day stay is indicative of what a great hotel this is.

Room tip: Sea views are always a bonus
Date of stay: November 2017