Royal Lion Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 111*
  • Restaurant
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinclusive breakfastan updatefixtures and fittingsbit datedeaster weekendstayed for two nightslovely locationcouldn't do enoughyards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I can't comment on the rooms much as I have not stayed here, but looking at the photo's tells me they need to upgrade to EU standards, to stay in this ever competertive market.
I have been here for a three course dinner with friends, the food was not quite up to standard for what you are paying! We had Tomato Soup for starters, OMG! Not home made, but Hinze's own. The Maine course was Turkey with veg and gravy, the Turkey was not your traditional, but looked like something from a packet out of your local supermarket. The vegetables were fresh though can't Knock them for that, the Sweet was a small peace of christmas pudding which I thought was cut out with a biscuit cutter and drowned in White sauce, or Ice cream and a wafer. After all that Mince pies and Coffee/Tea were served but the mince pies were mini ones, which in my eyes were not worth bothering with as you needed more to make up the amount for one. The staff were pleasant at all times and very helpful, I think if they adjust these little minor errors, they may attract a better Market.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I booked this hotel last minute and was worried after reading the reviews. I was pleasantly suprised when we arrived yes the hotel and decor was a bit dated but so are a lot of tenby hotels.
Our room overlooked the north beach splendid views . The room and bathroom was very clean there was fresh towels every day. The staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fcomet
Reviewed 3 November 2011

After reading the reviews I tried to prepare myself. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, this hotel was terrible. We were checked in by the only member of staff who was busy eating and serving behind the bar. Though we requested a double, our room had an extra bed in which along with the dated furniture only served to clutter the filthy room further. There were several hairs from previous occupants in the bathroom and no shower. The bed made a noise with every small movement which served to provide a very restless night.

We had hoped that breakfast would at least be good, as we had resorted to laughing about the shocking accommodation and were simply looking forward to leaving. However, my girlfriend found a short, dark and thick hair on her deep-fried sausage. Needless to say, we didn't bother complaining and left breakfast keen to get out.

I cannot warn you enough about this hotel, but no doubt there will be more victims. Yes the view is great, but no it is not worth the trauma.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sibannister
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Like some fellow travellers I booked the hotel before reading the reviews and the general consensus I agree with. The hotel is outdated and needs a complete upgrade. I accept this is no doubt expensive but the room rate does not reflect the standard of decor etc. It's a tough industry to be in but if your a traveller who likes value for money then this is not the place to go. However location and sea views are exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank ebass
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed for two nights in this hotel and to be honest I would not return again. Our room was located right by the tiny lift and was very noisy, the room was dated and no effort had been made to try to hide the shabbiness. The worn carpet and warped wallpaper in the bathroom reflected the old and tired decor and at night you could feel every spring digging in from the mattress. The bed cover was stained and the bed had woollen blankets which are not hygenic. The view was terrible as it looked out onto an old dilapidated roof.

This hotel depends on it's great location to attract visitors but makes no additional effort. It has a take it or leave it attitude and is vastly overpriced. There are some really lovely hotels and B&Bs in Tenby - this is not one of them

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple