Royal Lion Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 111*
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinclusive breakfastan updatefixtures and fittingsbit datedeaster weekendstayed for two nightslovely locationcouldn't do enoughyards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Day out to Tenby, decided to have Sunday lunch and just came across this establishment, the only fresh vegetable was the boiled new potatoes, tin carrots, tin peas, frozen chicken portion, frozen stuffing and I couldn't explain the taste of the bacon wrapped around the sausage, we should have known that this place was probably not the best to eat in as there was no one else eating there, fresh vegetables advertisted on the menu, not so!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cazza2714
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Well, what can we say,outdated, tatty carpets,dirty rooms, dirty and outdated bathroom,outdated decor,shabby exterior,overpriced,basically a place we will never visit again,we were looking forward to our visit to Tenby, and the Royal Lion was a very bad advert for the town, I ask one question, would the owner spend a night in room 103, with his family and use it to impress his friends, I think not.The two good things were the view, and the helpful female staff,but the best part was leaving the following morning.

2  Thank SeanShelDex
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The central location has beautiful views and convenient parking.

However we feel compelled to warn others, having spent a night in a very dated room with sticky carpet, stained bedding and a dirty bathroom - for £100 a night! Faded plastic flowers greet guests as they enter the hotel, with a thick layer of dust. It is such a shame because it could be a special place but instead it was somewhere we couldn't leave soon enough. Enjoy Tenby but steer clear of here.

1  Thank RobinWalesUK
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I booked this hotel before I read the reviews and we very nearly cancelled! In the end we decided to take a chance and I'm so glad we did. The location is great, overlooking the beach and harbour. Our room was a lot bigger than some I've stayed in and the bathroom was vast! We had arrived on a motorbike and my partner was a bit concerned about parking his pride and joy out of sight (the car park is down the road behind the cinema) but it turned out to be very secure. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely, served by very efficient waitresses. My one tiny gripe is that I would have prefered a duvet on the bed instead of sheets and blankets, but it certainly wouldn't stop me booking again. We have stayed in quite a few places in Tenby and I would recommend the Royal Lion without hesitation.

1  Thank juliegray56
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We arrived late needing somewhere welcoming to rest our heads, yet we had the misfortune to find ourselves in this awful place. Panes of glass in the window were broken, the carpet was threadbare, the bath didn't drain so it filled as you had a shower, the towels had holes in them and the room was generally drab. The next morning we complained and were moved to another room. Initially this looked better, but the bathroom was very dated and the extractor fan didn't work. We asked for some fresh milk to put in our tea and were told we couldn't have any. Only when we said we'd pay for it did they reluctantly find some. Very poorly run, poor service and breakfast not good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple