“Perfect - From the 1st Minute to the Last”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Twmbarlwm

Twmbarlwm, Tenby
Lounge with french doors opening out onto a large decked terrace Fitted kitchen with range cooker, 2 dishwashers and american-style fridge freezer
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Twmbarlwm, Tenby
Lounge with french doors opening out onto a large decked terrace
Master bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc
Large decked area off the lounge and dining room
Dining room, seats 8, with french doors opening out onto large decked terrace
Bedroom 2 with en-suite shower room
En-suite shower room/wc to bedroom 2
Large master bathroom with power shower
Bedroom 3 with 2 large singe beds with view over the garden. Bedroom 4 is an identical layout.
View from botton of the rear garden to the large decked terrace
Dressing table in Bedroom 2. Also in Master bedroom (both have hair dryers)
Side view front with block paved parking area
Outside dining on the large terrace. Both terraces have a table and chairs that seat 6
Utility Room with large washing machine, tumble dryer iron and ironing board
Downstairs shower room with power shower
Ground floor sitting room/TV cwtch
Entrance hallway
An example of our welcome pack
Extra kitchen shot
Two dishwashers
Extra terrace shot
Rear gardens
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Mark P
Lancashire, U.K
“Perfect - From the 1st Minute to the Last”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Myself, my wife, 2 children, plus mother, father and brother in law stayed here in the May school holiday week. When we first opened the door we knew it would be perfect for us. Modern, very clean, all the mod cons, quirky lay out with the lounge on a lower lever, large decking area, 4 bathrooms and a welcome pack that I have never seen below, it was like a weekly shop!! ... Oh and 2 dish washers - you know your in somewhere of quality when you find 2 dishwashers!!

Location was approx 15 mins walk to the centre / beach. Local taxis very cheap. There were 7 of us in total and a mini bus from or to town was £3, not bad eh. So location was great.

The weather was fab all week which was a bonus. Some great pubs that we all visited. I have to say me and my brother in law visited a few more than the rest!

Tenby is great and has plenty to do in town and round about via a short car journey.

We go on many holidays and have stayed in many cottages / houses and do expect a high standard, this holiday house met ALL our expectations and is a credit to the owners.

Thanks.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Stuart B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A fantastic family house offering a magical experience for young and old alike”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

We booked the house as one of our party was riding the Carten100 bike ride and the house offered an ideal location. We were not disappointed as the location was fantastic. It is enough out of the centre of Tenby to make driving and parking on the large drive easy but still close enough to the Tenby centre to enjoy all the great places to eat and drink. We had our 1 year old and 5 year old with us together with Grandparents. We were able to walk down to Tenby Town in around 10 minutes which if you have children is an ideal distance to tire them out on the way back before bed time. Our 5 year old loved playing Rugby on the large decking area. To catch the train back to Cardiff, to start the Cardiff to Tenby bike ride it was less than a 5 minute walk to train station via the handy shortcut (that you will need to discover yourselves -it is part of the fun and excitement). Can't wait to return to this fantastic house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of space and light; large rooms and fantastic location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
wmcultura...
“Serious leak not dealt with (left without use of two bathrooms)”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Twmbarlwm is okay - nothing special. Our main complaint relates to the treatment we received from the owner...
A day after arrival we noticed a very large damp patch had developed across the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. On discovering this, we called the owner who advised us that he would send someone out to fix the problem on Tuesday. Tuesday came and went and noone appeared to fix the problem (the owner did not communicate with us again to update us about this). For the whole week we were left without full use of the en suite bathroom and the downstairs bathroom. This is disappointing enough, but it appears someone knew there was a problem before we arrived (there was masking tape over the light switch for the downstairs bathroom) but noone had informed us of this. We've only just received the breakages deposit back (a month after our stay) and there continues to be a radio silence from the owner regarding the problems we had with the cottage. This is the kind of treatment I might expect from the landlord of a student flat but not from a holiday home owner - very disappointing.
Something else not mentioned in the blurb is that the garden backs onto the railway line. It is also more like a 20 minute walk into Tenby (not a 10 minute walk). And anyone with buggies be warned: the cul-de-sac is very steep and the surface of the road was poor when we stayed there (ironworks exposed). There is a rough track short cut but this is not suitable for buggies.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
22 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to clarify a few points with you. 1. I appreciate, and am sorry for the fact that we did not phone to check that the workman scheduled to turn up on the Tuesday did turn up but he is our regular handyman in Tenby and we have never had to follow up and visits to the house to do odd jobs in the past; I am sorry that during the rest of your stay that you did not feel it necessary to inform the office of the fact that he did not turn up and that the leak had not been dealt with; the subsequent damage caused to the en-suite and downstairs bathroom was quite shocking; I am also sorry that you only felt in necessary to send photos of the damage that had been caused when you had already vacated our home. As you have been fully informed, the sink in the en-suite shower room had been pulled away from the wall causing the pipes to split – this evidently happened the week before and we have absolutely no idea who put the tape over the light switch. At no point were we informed of a problem and I can personally guarantee that we take all matters relating to our guests welfare and enjoyment of using our home very seriously. 2 .I can confirm that our home backs onto a very sleepy single track railway line; as it is close to Tenby Town the trains are running slowly as they are either entering the town or just leaving the station – I would also like to clarify that the bank to the railway line is fenced off is completely safe and is full of mature trees and shrubs; this fact has never been a problem with any of our guests who have stayed with us in the past 5 years and I am sorry that it was a problem for you. 3. I appreciate that the town is only a 10 minute walk using the shortcut and I will change our advert to reflect that if you use the ‘private road’ it can take up to 20 minutes – the cul-de-sac is currently un-adopted and it is uneven in places as most Private roads are - but again this has never been a problem for any of our guests. I have a 5 year old daughter and when she was younger I pushed her pram, and later her buggy up the hill with no great difficulty but again I am sorry that this has caused you a problem. Your deposit and a ‘without prejudice’ compensation payment has been sent to you along with a full explanation our investigation. I would like to apologise for the time that it came back to you with a response but I was spending a lot of my time commuting between Cardiff and Tenby to supervise the complete removal and re-decoration of our master en-suite shower room and downstairs bathroom. To finish I would just like to say that we have set up Twmwarlwm as a family home and have reflected this in the comfort and standard of furnishings and extras that we provide – again you are the first person in the 5 years that we have opened our doors to the public who feel that our home is ‘nothing special’. I trust that this clarifies your review of our home.
chweezy
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday home”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed for long weekend with family and friends. House was ideal plenty of room in kitchen /dining room with a lovely Lounge to relax in overlooking garden. Bedrooms were huge with so many bathrooms and showers. Plenty of parking spaces for at least 3 cars.
We walked into Tenby several times but after an evening at the Plantaganet house Restaurant caught Taxis home.Ideally suited to explore West Wales drove to Bosherton and St David's easily.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
TracyM234...
“Fantastic house, fantastic place!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

If I owned this house I'd never leave! Its a lovely house that has been beautifully decorated and finished and if the weathers bad then you can amuse yourself by playing on the Wi or having ago at one of the numerous games that are there at your amusement. I will definitely be going back in the summer when hopefully it won't be so wet and windy and I can see the sights!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing