“a great place to eat & drink”

The Terrace Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #7 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Price range: USD 4 - USD 67
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family run and family friendly tapas and wine bar serving 30+ traditional Spanish tapas dishes. With set menus, endless tapas deals, a childrens menu, not to mention the vegetarian and gluten free options there's plenty to choose from. We have a full bar, with wines, cocktails and even a gin Y tonica menu. With the orginal Victorian dining room, bar and outside terrace we are able to cater for 80+ guests. WINTER - Thursday to Saturday evenings from 6pm SUMMER - Tuesday to Saturday evenings from 6pm (includes bank holiday Sundays) If we haven't exceeded your expectations, please tell us first and give us the courtesy of putting things right for you, rather than simply posting a negative review.
Reviewed 10 March 2012

great food, excellent friendly staff, kia royal a must! lovely to eat outside in summer, chocolate fondue yummy!

There are newer reviews for The Terrace Tapas & Wine Bar

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Tried this Tapas resturant a few times and I like.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I really enjoyed my meal at the Terrace. I have never tried Spanish food before so It was great that the staff really knew a lot about the food, how it is made and could make recommendations on what I might like.
The food was all delicious and my friend who has spent a few years living in Spain says it tastes just as good as food from Spain! I was very impressed and will be trying more Tapas in the future.
Thank you very much for such a fantastic meal and experience!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

After living in spain for five years i am a fussy customer, the guys at The Terrace blew my expectations out the water.
The service was great and although we hadn't booked and it was a busy Valentines night they made us very welcome.
All the food was authentic delicious simple tapas, just like the spainsh do it.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I LOVE The Terrace Tapas Bar. i used to live in Ilfracombe and it was the ONLY place to eat then, and although there seems to be more and more restaurants popping up around the town, everytime i come back to Ilfracombe, this place is still rocking and i am never dissapointed. As it was Valentines day Mark and Kelly (the owners) had decorated the tables with rose petals and every couple had a red rose to take with them at the end of the meal. what a nice touch, and not over-bearing, some places go overboard with decorations. As soon as we entered, Mark gives a big smile and takes us to our seat, no fuss, no wait, even though every table is taken. Starting off the evening with one of their champagne cocktails, my other half had one of their famous frozen margaritas and we're ordering. My other half can't resist the jalapeno poppers from the Tex Mex menu but i prefer the spanish dishes, so start off with the Gambas Pil Pil and Chorizo Rosario. YUM! (got to get some bread though because to waste all the tasty sauces is unthinkable!) The music is subtle, not blasting in your ears, the staff calm and every table around me is smiling and having a good time, we order some sangria and round two of dishes, now if anyone loves prawns, let me just say Gambas Pil Pil is the way forward, so much so that we ordered another portion! we had the scallops, and the lamb lollipops which were both equally as delicious, the lamb cooked to perfection. I didnt want the evening to end so, although full to the brim we decided to hit the great selection of spirits and liqueurs! Now if you have never tried Crema Catalan, Frangelico or Liquer 43, give them a go! Crema Catalan is like a vanilla Bailey's, less heavy than Baileys though but very tasty. Liquer 43, 43 ingredients apparently, but one simply good drink, great over ice, then Frangelico, have with a slice of lemon and sugar and call it a pancake, delicious. You can't find them in many places so if you are here give them a go, if you don't have much of a sweet tooth, ask Mark what he recommends he knows every product inside out and would be more than happy to help. We moved into the bar and my other half ended up on the port, which i must say is the most generous measure of port that i have ever seen. with the bill we got some heart shaped choccies and some ponche (orange brandy) and we had a nice chat with Mark and Kelly whilest waiting for our taxi. I can't say anything wrong about this place, it's my favourite place to go and we shall be back :-D