“Well looked after!”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The restaurant is small and cosy. Staff are friendly. The menu is small but interesting, and I like that because large menus in small places worry me! Small menus in small places mean it should be fresh.
I have a bad reaction to garlic. I ordered 2 dishes, both with garlic dip/dressing and asked for that to be changed, which they said they would do and offered alternatives. Stupidly, I didn't think to ask about any garlic content in the fish stew I ordered for my main course. What was brilliant is that the waiter thought about my requests to remove garlic dips and came back and advised me that the stew had lots of garlic in it and asked if this would be a problem for me. It would have been a real problem! I ordered a trio of fish sliders instead but didn't like the idea of a soft shelled crab. They did me an alternative. Again a great sign that food is prepared fresh. I guess I am an awkward customer but they went out of their way to accommodate me and didn't make me feel awkward at all.
The food was really good, fresh and tasty and made from scratch. We were well looked after and all my awkwardness accommodated :)

2  Thank Stranger903

Reviewed 7 October 2016

My daughter spotted this place online to visit on a previous trip to Ilfracombe in March. We were gutted when we got there to find we were going home the day before it opened for the season. So this time we couldn't not book. We were not disappointed. And in fact my OH said it was the best meal he'd had all holiday. High praise indeed. It's one of those places that is very intimate. Small, not overpriced or pretentious. Just excellent food and exemplary service. My daughter and I had Trio of a fish sliders that were mini brioche with battered soft shell crab, hake and lobster that were delicious. OH had gambera pizza with crayfish tails and chilli jam. It was all very delicious and made for a lovely last night. Totally recommend this gem of a place!!

2  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We had a fantastic shell fish platter, including lobster, crab and prawns,
which was very filling.
The owner was very chatty and helpful. The staff were lovely too.
Altogether it was a memorable evening.

2  Thank uphill2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We ate here on our last night in Ilfracombe. We had had a long day out on Lundy and were very tired and hungry. We were lucky to get the last table and we were warmly welcomed by the owner. Unfortunately our steaks were over cooked, but it was dealt with very quickly and we weren't made to feel as if we were fussy....we received a complimentary coffee in way of an apology. We will certainly return.

3  Thank 58jos1957
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

We visited Relish last night (Thursday) for the first time ever and boy what a gem of a place this is! I couldn't recommend this place more highly staff are friendly & polite and good workers food is sublime !! We had ; crabsalad / pate and calamari to start amazing.. Then steak & bernaise sauce/ dressed crab, salad & fries and my husband had the 3 sliders: crab; hake & lobster it was all wonderfully cooked, hot and delicious washed down with a bottle of English white & elderflower wine absolutely wonderful evening we can't wait to go back!!!

2  Thank Diane F