All reviews national holidays free drinks shearings hotels shearings holiday self drive stair lift coach driver third floor weekend break small lift evening meal per day restaurant staff upgraded room entertainment room meal times buffet breakfast
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I really liked it here I was in a single room which was very small but everything clean and bed comfy. I really liked the location near the sea shops and pubs . I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Went by car so traveling was in our own time must say our room No.10 was spacious but very tired, and not overly warm, poor decor paint coming of the wall, bathroom was very small & the shower, well still in the dark ages there I’m afraid it was a hand held shower looked like the old hand held phone on its stand no shower curtain or shower partition, you just stand in the bath & let the water go everywhere. The staff were very good friendly and helpful, the entertainment was brilliant every night, the restaurant service was quick although seemed a little disorganised anyone to serve any table no dedicated waiter/waitress, I agree with last review I saw a person using his fingers to the hash browns & fried bread that certainly needs to be addressed it put me off. Food was very good however on the journey home I felt unwell and was sick later that day & my partner she had the same thing that evening can’t honestly put it down to the food but seemed strange we were both ill at the same time. But in all was a good New Years weekend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your feedback is important and will help us to improve where needed.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your feedback and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Made welcome on arrival at hotel booked our evening meal time three times to pick from, meals good but not over impressed with the buffet breakfast needed to be hotter but when you have people leaving the lids open and seeing a man picking is ash browns out with is fingers not using the tongs think its time shearings looked into going back to having breakfast served the old way out of the kitchen, now to my room clean warm not a bad size for a single plenty hot water, the ballroom was ok but on the last night not very warm only stayed a short time, I must say all the staff very good and helpful also thanks to nigel our driver for the holiday but not impressed with the feeder service from Normanton to strensham services we had paid extra for front seats but we could not sit there got to leave them for the disabled the feeder driver said that was a three hour drive down to strensham services to get our ilfracome coach they should let you know if a feeder coach on or return you money as you do not get what you pay for,

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
Your feedback is important and will help to improve our standards.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your review and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We were on a Shearings long Weekend break which was good value for the what we paid. The Hotel was clean and the room was spacious and the staff were hard working and most were very friendly. The food was reasonable and service was good . The bar service was good but the drinks were a bit pricey. Downside the room was drafty through the single glazed windows with half of the catches not working properly but we ordered extra blankets which were brought to our room very promptly and they brought us an heater which we did not ask for . which I thought was a very nice of them to make our stay more comfortable - thank you very much the only other downside was the very small lift for the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: Low floor if you have any disability issues
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
Your feedback is very important and will help us to improve our standards.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Travelling in atrocious weather conditions i arrived in Ilfracombe at a reasonable time.
My room was 004 which was on the ground floor, clean, well furnished and excellent for my needs. Because the weather was some of the coldest this year with snow in many parts of the UK i found the room a little on the cold side and requested supplementary heating which was immediately provided.
The staff were excellent, the food good and varied, the excursions interesting with knowledgeable pleasant driver and the entertainment good. Overall a good rest with just a few niggles. Warm soup on 2 nights, and poor decor around the sink and toilet

Room Tip: My ground floor room (004) was adequate for my needs but have stayed before on 1st floor front seaview rooms which are nicer
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Micheal L
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found staff helpful. Also, I would like to take the opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again in a near future.