All reviews a family run hotel family owners fantastic weekend mince pies turkey and tinsel every evening coach parties coach trip bar manager entertainment every night friendly hotel varied menu night porter breakfast was included family wedding plenty of hot water central heating
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Have just returned from a 5 day midweek break at this hotel. Difficult to find fault. The hotel is family run and everyone is very friendly, always having time to stop and have a chat. The food was excellent. quality, quantity and presentation, and the table service second to none. The room and linen was spotless and the room serviced daily. Entertainment every evening was provided by Nick and friends, and a brilliant time was had by all.
The hotel is perfectly located for all that Ilfracombe has to offer. As a dog friendly hotel, we took our dog Lily with us and she could'nt have been made more welcome.. We would have no hesitation in returning. Thanks to all at The Osborne for a wonderful stay (and thanks Nick for the hat).

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank H10KSW
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The Osborne Hotel is very well located a very short walk from the front,it is family run & a friendly welcome awaits you from Rachel the fabulous receptionist who even escorts you to your room,the food is excellent,rooms clean & comfortable & entertainment supplied nearly every night of your stay. Great value too.No down side,I would recommend it to anyone,family,friends,associates,etc

Room Tip: Wouldn't know of any other room,ours was super!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Wow came across these reviews of this hotel by chance. What a pleasure to read that the same family still run this fab hotel. I haven't visited in years but we holidayed here both for pleasure and business. My Mum, Marion, who sadly isn't with us anymore used to bring a group of adults with learning difficulties here for their holidays. The owners couldn't do enough for us...Sandy and Terry....( I hope I got that right) along with Nick. I know they all had a fantastic time and returned year after year. I also stayed here with my Mum again for our holiday, fabulous hospitality. The hotel wad clean and friendly then and it's great to read that those values still stand. Many a happy memory of this place would recomend to everyone.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2016

We were meant to be staying at The Dilkhaus Hotel, I researched this online just weeks ago & it clearly stated online and in brochure Lifts to All Floors. The Co-Op Travel Agency never mentioned lift problems either. But the lift was out of order & 29 steps to our 1st floor room was too much for my disabled Aunt. So the Senior Receptionist rang Nick at The Osborne Hotel who put us up at a minutes notice and how lucky were we !! Nick introduced us to his family and staff as this is a Traditional Family owned/ran Hotel who have been in the trade nearly 50 yrs and their experience shows. Meals were cooked to perfection, Dining room spotless, clean rooms well kept. Lovely friendly honest people who are also down to earth. Wonderful. Thanks Nick you saved our holiday. Comfy beds, beautiful white bed linen!! lashings of hot water. Thanks to Neil the Bar Manager (part of their family also) never kept us waiting, spotless bar well stocked. After giving up lager years ago I decided to try one here. The best lager in the world, Probably! The last drink was as good as the first, clean, sharp and refreshing exactly what its meant to be. Thanks to Dave our Night Porter always on hand and friendly too. The lift as someone said maybe old fashioned, but rest assured it is far more reliable than what other hotels have. This was made to work and Made to last and a gem I loved it. The residents I spoke to had the same opinion as us, this is a wonderful family run hotel, where every single guest matters to the owners. I will certainly be returning to The Osborne Hotel. With regards to the live entertainment every night, The guitarist didn't look like Hank Marvin but by word he sounded like him, fabulous guitarist. Loved the quiz and Play your Cards Right. Nick also has a lovely voice too and is a wonderful all rounder. I feel like I've known you all for years we were given a warm welcome by you all. Everyone works well together and the many years of experience this family have, made our stay simply perfect. Highly recommended. I'd like to say that the certificates of awards are displayed in reception, Trip Advisor awards are there also from 2014, 2015 and I hope 2016 will be there also because you all deserve it. Exceptional standards. Well Done xx

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank PamelaR298
osborneIlfracombe, Owner at The Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

Hi PamelaR298, thank you for writing such a positive review about your time here in the hotel we really appreciate it. It was lovely to meet you and your aunt and we're glad we were able to help you out of a difficult situation. We are very lucky to have an amazing staff team who work very hard to make our guests stays here as positive and enjoyable as possible. Its always nice to hear and read though that their hard work is appreciated and not gone unnoticed. We're also very lucky to have two very talented members of the family involved fully in the running of the hotel, we have Stuart as executive chef and Nick as ..... well Nick! What more can we say? I'm also glad to read you enjoyed our lager too!!
We all look forward to seeing you both again soon.
(By the way .. we hope we get the 2016 award too!)

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

I love Ilfracombe and have stayed on several occassions. This is a wonderful run family hotel. It's a beautiful building with an interesting history. The owners and staff are very welcoming and eventhough they are busy they always found time to ask how you were which is important to someone staying on their own. Food couldn't be faulted with a different menu everynight. My room was lovely and i loved the decor. I particularly liked the folders in the rooms it was full of intetesting and helpful information. All amenities were close by and nightly entertainment in the bar. I look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank SusieJ130

Thank you Susie for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the hotel. Its lovely to read how much you enjoyed yourself especially when travelling on your own which at times can be a little 'scary'. I shall pass on your comments to our staff team who i'm sure will appreciate your praise and recognition.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.