All reviews gb tours coach party beautiful victorian help your self buffet style nothing too much trouble each evening enjoyable weekend shower and toilet harbour area friendly hotel pleasant stay enjoyed our stay bit dated some tlc twin room long journey
Reviewed 2 August 2015

This was our second visit so was really looking forward to our holiday. On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who explained about the hotel and give us some useful knowledge of the area. our room was lovely and comfortable, we booked for bed and breakfast but on a couple of nights had the evening meal. The food was very good and good value for money. The location was excellent and with a car park made our stay very easy, also there is great bus service from ilfracombe to westwood Ho! where you can hop on and off at will, the service is every 30 mins so we were able to lease the car at the hotel. he bus route is the 21 and 21a we really recommend it as we do the hotel.

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor which was very nice
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jack j
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed to have a booking that was made 6 months in advance cancelled 2 weeks before we were due to stay. The reason given was that a coach trip was coming in and they needed all of the rooms to accommodate them.. I was notified by email but because it came directly from the hotel staff it went into my junk mail folder, it was only because a friend had received the same email that I found out about the cancellation. No phone call was made.. It's a good job I found out in advance otherwise I'd have turned up on the day of my friend's wedding with no where to stay!
No compensation/assistance in finding alternative accommodation was offered. Very poor service all round, certainly won't be rebooking!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank gemfromgsy
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We'd booked in February as we were attending a wedding nearby in August, two weeks before we were due to arrive I received an email informing me that as there was going to be a large coach trip arriving on the weekend we had booked for, our booking would need to be moved to different dates to accommodate this! Obviously, that's not possible if your attending a wedding! We wanted to put a warning on here for others that you might be turfed out at late notice if they want to fit in a coach trip, terrible customer service all round.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank James K
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Just stayed here for 5 days, and what a let down - The worst holiday I have ever had. Around the outside of the hotel is very overgrown and to cap it all - The food was disgusting - Did have extra meat on one plate, one evening, in the form of a fly in the food. My advice - Stay Well Clear.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 1 June 2015

A friendly welcome, space to park in the hotel's car park and a clean room. We were leaving early the next morning, before the advertised time for breakfast and yet the hotel arranged for us to have something before we left. They would probably have provided more but tea, cereals and toast did us fine.
If you are looking for luxury or a romantic holiday this is not the hotel for you however if you are looking for straightforward accommodation at a reasonable price then you could do a lot worse.
The hotel doesn't have an all night receptionist but access late is via an intercom.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family