“This is how to do B&B”
Review of Glenshieling House

Glenshieling House
Ranked #1 of 19 Blairgowrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I travelled down to meet up with some friends that were staying locally on holiday.
First let me say that I am not a fan of B&B ( probably formulated from staying in B&B in Blackpool in my youth) preferring usually to go with hotel chains

While searching for a place to stay this place come up in the searches and initially I discounted it but was struggling to get somewhere for my chosen date.
The only room available was the "Petite" double - if you equate that to estate agent speak I was half expecting a cupboard under the stairs - as it was only one night I decided to book as coming up with very little else.

When I arrived I was greeted at the door by Richard and shown my "petite" room for the night, let me say I do think the owners downplay this room a bit and do it an injustice, while yes I have stayed in larger rooms this is more than adequate and beautifully furnished with all the necessities i.e. wardrobe and drawers along with an en-suite toilet/shower.
Some nice touches with chocolates and sweets in the room along with tea and coffee making facilities.
The bed was comfortable and best nights sleep I have had in a while, mind you the copious amount of whisky consumed before going to bed may have helped.

When you sign in you are asked to pick what you would like for breakfast, there is a massive choice, in fact I have never seen such a choice of breakfasts at any place I have stayed, I had the full Scottish breakfast and it was an excellent choice.

So a couple of things here is that my view of B&B has been altered and also many hotels could learn a lot from how they operate their guesthouse

The burning question - would I stay here again? unreservedly Yes!! and will

Room Tip: The petite room is on the ground floor room number 5
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Bryon, What great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to review our petite double room and are delighted that you found it met all your requirements. We take on board your comments about us doing it an injustice in terms of its size etc. The last thing we want is for guests to arrive and be shown to their room only for them to be disappointed. So the clue is in the title...it is petite! However, it has the advantage of being on the ground floor which some prefer, and we agree, we think it is a pretty room which contains everything you require for a short stay and it is en-suite.
It would be great to see you again the next time you are here in beautiful Perthshire to sample the whisky with your friends. Perhaps you will tempted to sample a different choice on our menu..

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Everything was Excellent!! We can heartily recommend this lovely place in a pretty village. Owners clearly love what they are doing. Also, we were given good advice when enquiring about a restaurant for dinner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Wow!! 10 out of 10... for doing something we love!! Brilliant! Although we cannot rest on our laurels. We do appreciate all guest feed-back as it allows us to constantly review our service and tweak things to enhance our guest experience. We are also very fortunate in only being a short walk from the village which has a great selection of cafes and restaurants. We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This is an amazing B&B for your stay in Scotland. Richard and Louise have painstakingly renovated this Victorian house to make sure each room is cozy, luxurious, and relaxing. You'll appreciate all the small luxuries like full cable, candy on your pillow, a farm-fresh breakfast, and speedy internet. Prepare to be in their incredibly capable hands through check-in, breakfast, and your sad departure. It's a 15 minute walk to the Blairgowrie town center, where you can find plenty of eating and shopping options. I loved meeting the hens who provided the eggs for our breakfast and the house's pet rabbit. I would go back for a second stay in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

We loved the title of your review. The next time the three of you come you will need to book a longer stay. It really was a delight hosting you all. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we really do appreciate the feedback and it gives prospective guests a good idea of what kind of experience they might expect at Glenshieling House. Cozy, luxurious and relaxing are hopefully what most guests would like. We are lucky to have such a great selection of restaurants and cafes only a short stroll down a beautiful riverside walk. We would love to see you and your sisters back here at Glenshieling House on your next trip to Scotland.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The Glenshieling house is a very beautiful en peacefull place in a nice village. The bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and arranged tastefully. The breakfast was delicious.
We had a nice and warm welcome

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the beauty and peace in your surroundings. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Louise & Richard are great hosts. They went out of their way to be accommodating, including driving me to/from the local town (as I am in crutches). Fantastic.

The room was small but luxurious, and Louise & Richard's food hearty. Recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is always much appreciated by Richard and I. We enjoyed hosting you and your party while you were up for your friend's wedding. Our petite double ground floor room is as it suggests...small but perfectly formed! Just what you need when you are on crutches!!! On that note, it was no problem acting as your personal chauffeur so you could keep up with your friends...ha! We would love to see you again on your next jaunt to the Highlands. Maybe next time you will get the chance to stay in one of our newly refurbished bedrooms on the first floor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairgowrie
1 km away
0.5 km away
Rosebank House
Rosebank House
#2 of 19 in Blairgowrie

Been to Glenshieling House? Share your experiences!