“Wonderful Food and Service, Pity About the Lighting Tho'!”

Little's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Back at Little's again recently for another wonderful meal along with equally skilled and friendly service from the front of house team under Helen's ever watchful eye!

Glad to see that the move earlier this year to this stunningly converted church has proved so successful as evident from how busy the place always seems to be even on the normally quieter mid-week evenings.

Only one negative factor to comment on regarding this outstanding restaurant:

This concerns the overly bright lighting which especially now that the dark nights are here again means that the mainly overhead pendant lights (which don't seem to be able to be dimmed) creates a distinct lack of atmosphere in the main dining area.

I recommend that this be addressed as a matter of some urgency as with the long winter nights ahead, a much warmer and less harsh level of lighting would produce the ambient atmosphere required to round off what is always such a unique dining experience.

1  Thank newtyle1

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service could be much faster 20 minute wait for order to be taken. Portions of main course could be a little bit larger. However everything was hot and very tasty when we did receive it - lovely apple crumble!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time in Little's and it won't be the last fantastic setting well set out. Friendley staff and the food is excellent. The portions are the right size if your in Blairgowrie then make your way here well done to all

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always try and call into Littles restaurant on our return journeys North. Last Saturday was the first time we have visited Willies new restaurant which is a converted church. The food as always was wonderful. The freshest fish beautifully presented but oh what a disappointment with the venue. It's like having an afternoon tea party in a church hall, the lighting is far too bright. We had invited friends to join us for the evening and the moment we entered the restaurant they commented on the bright lighting. I spoke to other diners who thought the same.

I really hope Willie has a critical look at the lighting, I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to improve the all round ambiance of the restaurant.

1  Thank Stevemcrane
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

This was the very first place we ate at in Scotland. I was traveling with my husband, two children (ages 8 and 10) and my parents. We had just gotten off the plane and driven to Blairgowrie, so were very jet lagged. The waitress was very kind and patient with us. My husband had the smoked salmon sandwich and I had their seafood fricasse. I don’t remember what everyone else had, but I know our food was fantastic. To finish the meal, they gave us a few pieces of tablet and I must say that was the best tablet we ate on our entire trip (we had it 3 other times). Beautiful location in a historic church; easy to get too. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Allison C