“Excellent as always”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in East Brent
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017

It is not often we get to go out for a family meal these days due to work commitments but after discussing it, everyone wanted to have a lunchtime carvery at Brent House. I telephoned the previous evening to book a table for four at 1pm. We arrived about 15 minutes early but the friendly staff showed us to our table and took our drinks order. It wasn't as busy as I expected but there was still a choice of turkey, beef, lamb or pork of which you can choose two meats. As well as chef putting a yorkshire pudding on the plate, it is always a challenge to add the veg to your plate as there is such a large choice. If you can manage one, the desserts are delicious too but you can take it away to eat later. I did have lemon meringue pie (my favourite) which was not disappointing. We look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Went on Sunday very very busy had to wait about 20 minutes but the food was extremely good.Very hot in the conservatory I'll ask to go inside next time.Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family for a family meal having had 2 excellent previous visits. We weren't disappointed receiving a warm welcome by staff and a friendly waitress.
Food was up to the usual high standard with a good choice of meats and a good selection of potatoes and Vegetables. Grandchildren had just enough room to share a sweet.
Will call again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

A friend took me for lunch here on August 1st. The ambience is friendly and welcoming as were the waitresses.

With a pint of good Somerset cider each we went up for the carvery. It was all absolutely delicious and the meat, I had a slice of Lamb and a slice of Pork which melted in the mouth. So impressed was I that I complemented the chef at the counter, something we should all do when we have had an excellent meal - it is a principle of mine to complement individuals directly if the food or service has been above average - it doesn't cost me anything (except for a tip) but it is greatly appreciated by the recipients.

Never complain if you are not prepared to give compliments when deserved!

No wonder this place is always completely full on a Sundays.

Would I go there again? You bet I would!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We come here from time to time friendly staff and lovely food never had a bad meal always go home stuffed never had room for s pudding