The Cara Guesthouse(Whitley Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 79
  • Free Breakfast
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Oaktree Lodge(Whitley Bay)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 101
USD 134
USD 124
Aabba Guest House(Whitley Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
USD 66
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel 52(Whitley Bay)
USD 92
USD 88
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 64
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 85
USD 79
USD 76
Orbitz.com
All reviewsprivate car parknewcastle areavery pleasant staytea coffeeseafrontbanterkettlepubs
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights whilst visiting a friend in the local area.

The location was good, near to the main town and the coast.

Upon arrival, check in was smooth. When I went up to the room, the first thing I noticed was the very badly stained carpet along the corridor.

Once into the room, it was very basic, and the carpet never met the edge of the room, leaving the carpet grippers exposed which was very dangerous.

The pillows were absolutely dreadful. Tv never played the bbc channels without interference.

My room wasn’t cleaned or towels changed during one night of our stay.

Overall, it was just ok - I would stay here again if I was visiting and I couldn’t find a better alternative, but I certainly wouldn’t be rushing back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay R
Reviewed 7 February 2018

We've stayed in many of the local hotels, and in general, the adage that 'you get what you pay for' is true. The Premier Inn is shiny & new and a known quantity; across the road Hotel 52 is sort-of new, but appears to appeal more to contractors or stag parties. (Room tariff includes penalties for wetting beds, soiling carpets, putting holes in doors etc.!!!)
The Windsor was once the finest hotel in the town, but the decor is now looking a little tired. Apart from that, the rooms remain the same size, the furniture as accommodating, the restaurant and very nice bar in-house. It has its own off-road car park (none at the Premier Inn) and the WiFi works ...although TV reception could be better.
At the beginning of February all was pretty quiet, but staff were accommodating and the price more attractive than the other places I mention.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 10 December 2017

3 night stay in December, true hotel is a little shabby in parts, WiFi is iffy, as were bbc channels. However, fantastic housekeeping team, lovely and clean, nice and warm, plenty of hot water. All staff were excellent. Would recommend and go back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fiftyplustravellers
Reviewed 12 November 2017

stayed here with my partner in November 15 very blustery and cold outside but they had a big open fireplace and very comfy chairs and sofa's. My partner and I had an evening meal of lamb shank and veg it was amazing will be stopping here again on next visit up north

Room Tip: try to get one over looking the sea
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _suzannerobson7212
Reviewed 1 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights in October.....a last minute decision. We rang to see if they had a dog friendly room and they explained they did, but it was on the front and at weekend there was a night club across the road. As we are ex trade it didn't matter to us.....on arrival the receptionist was polite professional and motivated, as we're all the staff. Our dog friendly room was clean and comfortable.. as was the hotel. Yes it is tired in parts but it is clean...I have never understood how people can criticise where they have stayed. If you have a problem at the hotel then sort it out at the hotel.....it is a three star hotel at a very reasonable price...we enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple