See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2010

6 of us went to the ManxGP and had 3 rooms, it was the best we have stayed in (stayed in Douglas and Port Erin before). The attention to detail and cleaniless of the rooms was brilliant, the hospitality also was a rarity. Long may Ali and Andre continue! This is the standard that others on the IOM should aspire to achieve.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed for 2 nights as we completed the 98 mile coastal walk. The welcome from Alli was very friendly and warm. The room was very bright and airy and spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed. The location close to the electric railway and on the coastal path was perfect for walking. Alli went out of her way to help us and has a genuine commitment to making guests comfortable. Lovely breakfast which set us up for a day's walking. Excellent value for money- I would recommend this Band B with no reservation

Date of stay: July 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Our first trip to the IOM we chose the Thorncliffe on the basis of previous reviews on trip advisor. Everyone was right, an excellent guest house Alli and Andre were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. Our room was spotless everything you would need en suite TV tea kettle etc. The bed was so comfortable and a decent breakfast. If you’re thinking of going to the IOM go it's a fantastic place and stay at the Thorncliffe you won't regret it.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We were walking around the IOM and the Thorncliffe was recommended to us by a person we met in Kirkmichael. This guest house ticked all the boxes and the owner, Allison, was particularly thoughtful and helpful. Good decor, a quality bed, a hearty breakfast. Extra touches which my wife appreciated included cotton wool pads, cotton buds and cream.s Our room had a perfectly nice en suite shower room but after a full day's walking Allison's offer of the use of a bath was most welcome.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2010

First of all, to give an idea of my expectations, I would usually book a 4 or 5 star chain hotel or a Premier travel inn. Obviously the Isle of Man doesn't have these so I used trip advisor and came up with the Thorncliffe Guest House.

I stayed at Thornciffe Guest House for 2 nights when visiting the island for a funeral.
I live in the midle east and so had to make the arrangements quickly over the phone. Ali was great and although was out and about when i rang her mobile she took my name and arrival time and said she would reserve my room for me on that basis only.

The room was very well appointed and the decor and bedlinen very tasteful, clean and comfortable. The bed was sooo comfy..the first time in months I haven't woken up in pain!

Breakfast was cooked perfectly and the extra heater that Ali gave me to keep my toes warm just hit the spot!

There was TV and tea and coffee facilities in the room and a lovely jar of 'forgotten' items including a razor, cotton buds, cotton Q tips and an emery board. There was Wifi access and a heater and extra blankets if required.

What a lovely place and what lovely people...would highly recommend this to anyone and would definately come again!

Date of stay: February 2010