Savoy Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 192*
USD 188*
  • Breakfast included
The Rutland Hotel(Douglas)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
TripAdvisor
All Seasons(Douglas)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We too arrived to find there was no record of our booking thanks to the previous owners but Hannife and Mary went out of their way to accomodate us. Friendly hosts and staff. Clean rooms. Excellent breakfast and a relaxed atmosphere in the quiet bar made for an enjoyable stay. We would certainly return if the situation arose. Good luck with the the refurbishment and wishing you every success for the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireMandD
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I have stayed at the Savoy twice this year and the only complaint I have is that I couldn't stay for longer.
Mary and Haniff make you feel extremely welcome and will go to great lengths to ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The whole place is clean and tidy and with the paint job complete it looks a treat.
Breakfast is something else, more than enough to set you up for the day. Bar is virtually open when you want it. Seaviews from the rooms are beautiful.
Ignore those negative reviews, this is a different place. I'll be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank AlanPortsmouth
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I arrived at the Savoy on Sunday 30th August only to find that due to a change of ownership since I made my booking online back in September 2008, the hotel had no record of my reservation. Tired after a long journey and ferry crossing, this was, to say the least, NOT what I wanted to hear...
This was not the fault of the current owners, and I was told that I was the third person that week to have encountered the same problem. The booking agents will be hearing from my solicitors in due course...
Now for the good bit. The owners, Haneffe and Mary, were sympathetic and helpful, and managed to find me a room. The bar area and lounge are bright and cheerful, and the rooms comfortable and clean, with freshly laundered towels and bedding. Breakfast service is swift, friendly and efficient, giving guests plenty of time to beat the 9.30 road closures before the racing starts. The breakfast itself is a hearty traditional English plateful, and with a jug of orange juice and cereals in addition, you'll be set up for the day.
Overall, a great place to stay, at a price you'd be hard pressed to beat.
Thanks again to Haneffe, Mary and staff; a most enjoyable stay, and I look forward to a return visit sometime in the future.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Gpz900
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We arrived for 3 nights stay for the Manx GP. We had not booked a hotel although we had stayed in many hotels on the island over the years and knew we would find availability at some point. The savoy is well known to me from past visits to the island and I can understand the old negative reviews before the new management took over (Hanif and his lovely family). Please ignore all the old reviews as this B&B has been transformed into an excellant hotel. The lounge is well decorated and they have managed to retain the character of the building. There is a plasma television and all the coffee and tea you can drink for free! The bar is well stocked. Breakfast was the best ever! although too many beans for me!!!! The bedrooms are very well decorated and cosy. The lift is old fashioned but it just adds to the character of the place. The outside is inviting and has been totally re-painted to a high standard. What really makes this hotel is the fact that it is family run and all the staff are very friendly and most helpful. You wont be disappointed. Remember this is a B&B not the Ritz!!!!!!! You get what you pay for and this is excellent value for money. Hanif, dont forget the soap holder in the shower next time i come over. Thanks for everything. Gary & Ronnie

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank GazzerSouthport
Reviewed 30 August 2009

On my arrival i was told the hotel was under new management and the hotel was having some refurbisment work done my room was spot on and i was made to feel welcome a good stay and would stay again keep up the good work on the referbishment .

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business