“Simply Lovely”

Ranked #14 of 168 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: USD 8 - USD 40
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to add a fourth location to our family of restaurants. Previously known as Copperfields Edwardian Restaurant, our new central Douglas location is a perfect mix of old world charm and great seasonal food. Already famous throughout the island, you’ll discover everything you love about Harbour Lights right in the centre of Douglas. Open daily from 10am for Breakfast, we also offer our famous comfort classics menu throughout the day featuring the very best of local produce. Sample our welsh rarebit with smoked salmon or huge beer battered cod served with seasonal vegetables and potato of the day. Alternatively take a break from shopping and pop in for a quick coffee and cake, served all day.Our entire team (many of whom will be familiar) look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful new location.
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We pop in to the Harbour Lights Douglas every time we visit the Isle of Man. The food is lovely and the children’s menu is great value. Once this visit we had two very fussy children who ate everything on their plates. So clean, warm and friendly, a delight to visit - children get colouring sheets with pencils and crayons to keep them busy whilst they wait for the food. The French Onion Soup and sandwich combo is great if not a little too much for my delicate waistline ;)

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I walk past this cafe so often and I always thought it was closed because it seems quite dark and dingy from the outside.

Randomly, my mother and I decided to try here for lunch and we were not dissapointed. It is small but very cosy and the decor inside is lovely. The menu was nice and varied and we tried the hot bacon and cheese baguette which was delicious. (The specials board looked very good too)

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Excellent friendly service, lovely choice of sandwich fillings, tasty scones, a delicious cake and more cups of tea than you can shake a stick at! My husband is diabetic and it was no problem for them at all they willing provided extra sandwiches as he couldn't eat the cake. My daughter and son in law had bought us 'Afternoon Gift Card' for Christmas - a wonderful idea for a pressie

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I am a dedicated breakfasteer (my coinage, I think), forever in search of the perfect start to the day, and I think I came pretty close to it here. Downstairs is small, cosy and not too over-decorated or fussily-furnished. I was early, the first customer of the day, and was made to feel very welcome. I am a sucker for eggs benedict, and theirs - served on home-baked ham and a muffin with a colourful garnish and a tasty side salad - was just delicious, though perhaps the hollandaise sauce lacked a little bite. Served with a pot of tea, it came to around £11.00, but hey, I like to indulge myself. Service was delightful, and I am already looking forward to my next visit - I'm a sucker for kippers as well, so if they'll serve theirs with a couple of poached eggs, I'll be in seventh heaven.

1  Thank 300andrew
Reviewed 31 December 2017

We live in Scotland in Summer & over Xmas. Always visit Harbour Lights, have been doing so for about 5 years.
It's quite quirky in terms of signs and wall décor (you'll have to see for yourself) It is always clean with friendly service who care that you enjoyed your 'eat's' and their food is always excellent with a cook who obviously takes pride in 'proper' not fancy, food. Their Bacon (& egg) roll is the best we have had anywhere in the UK. Proper pot of tea!

1  Thank krsdave